Perhaps irrelevant, but why is there no Feb 2009 test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ailleurs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because a February 2009 test would be quite great (for me).

I started studying a few weeks ago for the January 2009 test and although I have set up a study schedule/practice test schedule, I'm just wondering why the higher ups decided not to enact a February 2009 test date?

Is it because it's hard to find places for test locations? Did not that many people take it in February of last year, if it even was offered last year?

Because like I have said, a February 2009 test would be SO GREAT T_T!

I would prefer taking it in January over March...but if I have to (as in I don't feel ready enough for the January test), I will take it in March.

BUT WHY NO FEBRUARY!?!??! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Well up to Jan. usually is for the current cycle including Jan. scores for some schools which accepts scores from those who need to retake it.

The March and summer months are usually for the next cycle. I assume that's why. But not really sure.

Good question. Maybe those test centers are used for something else that month or maybe the AAMC just wants a 1 month break.

I applied this year and did not do well on MCAT. I am thinking about taking it in Jan. Anyone can retake it in Jan if there score is not good and have a chance of getting in the current cycle?

Last edited:
It has never been offered in February to my knowledge. When it was pencil and paper, it was April and August, and since going to CBT, I've never seen a date in October (except this most recent reschedule for the hurricane victims), November, December, or February.