perio....back for more

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm proud of everyone! This discussion is a very useful one w/o the nonsense insults that often accompany discussions about perio.

With a few exceptions, most of the perios (like the ones who taught at my school) suffer from a few ailments... probably genetic. The differential diagnosis includes but is not limited to:
1) Mild to Moderate ******ation
2) Delusions of Grandeur
3) Social ******ation Syndrome

The proof is in the pudding... A bunch of u probably got that stupid mailing from the American Academy of Periodontology (sometime this month) which outlines their "official guidelines" on the management of Periodontal Disease. I can't believe I took the time to read it. Basically it says that 99% of perio should be treated with the periodontist because the general dentist is not truly qualified. Its a load of crap and most of the general dentists I know are greatly offended by it because it undermines their role as the "gate-keeper" of our patient's oral health.

time to go cure some perio now... full mouth tooth extraction coming up 🙂
 
I agree that there is little importance to periodonitst in US. I seen so many general dentists are doing flap and gingivectomy easily. I dont know about the outcomes of that.