Personal Question about Interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Grey17

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just looking for some opinions on my situation!

I have Tourettes Syndrome and have some pretty obviously facial motor ticks, mainly blinking and other small facial ticks. It is pretty obvious that there is something going on when I begin to talk to people, and it gives off the perception that I am nervous.

Do you think it would be appropriate to say something before the interview starts about it? It is something the interviewers will easily pickup on and I feel it would be safer to be proactive and say something rather than keep them wondering.

I had an experience last cycle with an interviewer who I talked to afterwards who asked me about it. I felt stupid because I should have disclosed this info before the interview even started.

Thanks!
 
Some schools will ask u when u set up interview if you have any medical conditions I think.
It wouldn't hurt the to tell them IMO
 
I would tell them. You definitely do not need to go around saying it to everyone, just those conducting the formal interview.