Personal Statement for Preliminary PGY1 linked to Advanced Neuro Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danielchess_MD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I need a different Personal Statement when applying in ERA to the Preliminary/Transitory Medicine PGY1 programs I will link to my main Advanced Neurology Residency Program? or I had to use the same Personal Statement?

Thanks in advance
 
You should have a separate personal statement for prelim programs. You can use an edited version of your personal statement for neurology detailing what you want from a preliminary program, what they can expect from you as a resident, and how you believe learning internal medicine will benefit your development as a neurologist. Using different personal statements makes you seem like you actually care about your preliminary year education.