Personal Statement Formatting Issues....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ry835

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I don't post here often because people usually ask my questions first, but I'm really confused here! AMCAS says to use notepad when cutting and pasting, but I'm having problems. This program does not stop a line at the end of the page, so when I print it wraps around to the next line. Then, it starts the second line (on the screen) on an even different line (on the paper). Does this make sense? It's confusing to explain. Is there a way to alleviate this problem or is it already gonna be seen properly by medical schools? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't use notepad... use word and save in "text only" format. Ok, so write the essay in word, then go to FILE and then "save as"... then go to the drop down box where it probably says "microsoft word document" or something like that... scroll down and choose "test only." They'll give you some wierd warning... just click "ok."

Or, you could just totally ignore what AMCAS says and cut and past directly from word.

good luck :)

Thanks! That seemed to do the trick and wasn't too bad seeing as I originally typed it in Word anyhow. Notepad is the most juvenile program I've ever seen!