SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

personal statement formatting issues

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by jpx, Jun 12, 2002.

1. jpx

jpx Junior Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Wondering if anyone else is having the same formatting problem with personal statements. I cut and paste from ms notepad, and the essay is formatted correctly on the AMCAS app, paragraphs and all, but when I print out the app to check it over, the paragraph separations disappear. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions?
    Thanks-

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jot

jot

i think if you copy and paste from wordpad it works. where in west africa are you serving for the peace corps? goodluck to you.
    -jot

4. jot

jot

<p> in front and </p> at the end will also do the trick apparently. goodluck
    -jot

5. jpx

jpx Junior Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Thanks-I eventually found the answer on the md forum-I too called amcas, I've decided to do the <P> just to be safe.

I'm in The Gambia. Quite an experience.

6. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior 7+ Year Member

Sep 2, 2001
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jpx:
    <strong>Thanks-I eventually found the answer on the md forum-I too called amcas, I've decided to do the &lt;P&gt; just to be safe.

I'm in The Gambia. Quite an experience.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool! a friend of mine is there right now for summer.