Personal statement professional review services?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any out there that any would recommend? I need a professional to review my PS!

Members don't see this ad.

I mentioned this once before in this forum (and people snapped at me about it for some reason), but I used the-writing-center.com and found that it was very personalized and the turn around time was fast. It worked out well for me in the end. I'm sure there are other site out there too if you just do a quick Google search...

I used IvyEssays. You can get feedback on content for a small fee. If you want that plus editing it costs about $75. They mostly just broke up some of my paragraphs and rearranged a few sentences. Wasn't a super-great service, but it was one more set of eyes and helped me a bit w/ structure. If you have a writing center at school, that might be a better place to go first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I need a professional to review my PS!

no, you don't. there are plenty of people here on sdn that will take a look, and i'm sure some people in your english department or writing center that will also give you input. unless you got to berkeley. then you're just stuck with sdn.

no, you don't. there are plenty of people here on sdn that will take a look, and i'm sure some people in your english department or writing center that will also give you input. unless you got to berkeley. then you're just stuck with sdn.

do you have anyone specific here in mind for ps advice? cos i could use some feedback as well...thanks!

Look for a writing center on your campus, or people who advertise about it. I see ads all the time from alumni who live in the area and edit/review everything from personal statements to dissertation papers.

the key is to date someone who works for one of those editing services :)

If you have any intelligent friends (which I'm assuming all premeds do), you shouldn't have to pay for any service. My coworkers (in a lab) and my friends were ridiculously amazing. You just have to know how to ask the right questions and interpret suggestions accordingly. Best of luck to you.

Oh for heaven's sakes. I think this very question validates claims that the application process favors those with $.

Don't purchase a service. Go buy your English major friends a cup of coffee and call it good.

Are there any out there that any would recommend? I need a professional to review my PS!

You've already paid thousands upon thousands of dollars to one: your premed advisor. That, or your school also probably has a) a writing center, or b) a career services center that will do this for you for free.

You've already paid thousands upon thousands of dollars to one: your premed advisor. That, or your school also probably has a) a writing center, or b) a career services center that will do this for you for free.
:thumbup: