Personal Statement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NigerianBull87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just curious what I should do for the following application year. I have my primary application basically already done because I planned on following through with the medical school process, but due to finances was unable to submit any secondaries.

I am wondering that since I did not submit any secondaries and generally the secondaries are automated, whether or not I would have to write up a second personal statement when I got such acclaimed and high responses about the one I currently have written. Do you think that this will be detrimental to my application? I figure if I will even need to submit yes to applying to the medical school again since I did not formally submit the secondary to any school.

I would really appreciate responses about this, because nothing has changed or really intends to change from now until next June for me to formulate a new personal statement except for my grades and finances that set me back. So I guess it boils down to, would you guys write another personal statement after not submitting a secondary and also would you check yes or no to previously applying to a medical school w/o submitting the secondary also?

Thanks guys and good luck to you all.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that completing the primary more than once makes you a reapplicant, but I'm not 100% sure. AMCAS has specific definitions on their website about who should check which boxes, you should check it out. Regarding the PS, I don't think you need to change it. Most people rewrite their PS when reapplying due to unsatisfactory admissions results from the previous cycle and perhaps feedbacks from schools that rejected them, but you don't have that type of feedbacks.