Personal Statement Reviewing Service (2013-2014 Cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wonder how many people he's gotten to review his PS (me included)....

If I were a pre-dent, I'd hit up everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I know i am a little late but i was wondering if someone could look over my personal statement and give advice as to how to better it. Please PM me thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know i am a little late but i was wondering if someone could look over my personal statement and give advice as to how to better it. Please PM me thank you :)

So it may be a better idea for you to contact one the above mentioned reviewers yourself. You may get a response quicker this way. The reviewers most likely won't be looking through threads to find PS to look over.

If I were a pre-dent, I'd hit up everyone

If you did that and I found out, I'd tear your PS apart just to mess with your head.

On a side note...

To those who are asking to have your PS reviewed: Perhaps it hasn't been made clear enough in previous posts (yes I'm being facetious), but STOP COPY/PASTING YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE. The next one I get like that will be reviewed and returned with more red ink than black ink on the paper, none of which will make any sense to you.

If you can't follow simple directions then you don't deserve the benefit of the service that's being offered to you.

I'd be happy to review Personal Statements. I just graduated D school and I was on the Admissions Committee both Jr and Sr year. :)

I will be on hiatus from reviewing PS until July. I'm relocating for my job and I don't want you guys to be waiting to hear back from me. Best Wishes!

Last edited:
I'd be happy to review Personal Statements. I just graduated D school and I was on the Admissions Committee both Jr and Sr year. :)

Oh thank goodness. God bless you and your parents who made you. On the list now. Prepare for PM galore.

OK, I've just finished a batch of 10 PS's over the last 2 hours, so my plate is clear now.

But it's probably going to be at least a week before I get your PS back to you if you send me one....

I'd be happy to review anyone's PS as well.

PM'ed!
You guys are offering a great service!!

Still working on my PS, hopefully by the time I'm done the awesome reviewers will still have time/energy to read mine. :)

Still working on my PS, hopefully by the time I'm done the awesome reviewers will still have time/energy to read mine. :)

Putting off studying for national boards is a long process, I'm sure time will be available :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be happy to review anyone's PS as well.

Done deal. Thanks for volunteering. I'm kitty balls deep.

*kindly removing myself from the list. My ultra sexy fun beach vacation calls. Gonna tan my kitty butt. Will be back in a few days.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Tomorrow is the last day I'll be taking on PS to review until July 1st. I'll be out of town and preparing to relocate for my new job. If you have something you'd like me to look at before July 1st please copy/paste and PM it here. The only exception is if I personally spoke with you about reading your revisions. If that's the case go ahead and PM it to me and I'll get back to you ASAP. Good luck to all!

I'll be out of town until 6/15. Sorry to those that I didn't get to, but if you haven't submitted by then, I'll be happy to keep revising.

I'm done reviewing personal statements for now.

Sorry but I'm really swamped right now, so take me off the list for now. I'll probably be able to help later on though.

just a quick Q... (not sure if this is the correct place to put it, didnt want to start a separate thread)

i went back to school and received my master's. i noted that in my personal statement, but i also wanted to not that i received a high GPA (almost a turn around from undergrad). is that wise?
" I successfully completed my Master's in December of XXXX with a X.XX GPA "

just a quick Q... (not sure if this is the correct place to put it, didnt want to start a separate thread)

i went back to school and received my master's. i noted that in my personal statement, but i also wanted to not that i received a high GPA (almost a turn around from undergrad). is that wise?
" I successfully completed my Master's in December of XXXX with a X.XX GPA "

I wrote about this in my personal statement this past cycle. It worked in my favor so I would recommend the same to you.

I'd be willing to review personal statements. DDS 2017, with a year's worth of experience as a full time science teacher and five years as a dental assistant. :)

I'm done taking any more personal statements for review right now. to those of you who have already asked me, i will do my absolute best to get to them by this saturday night, but i can't make any promises.

good luck to everyone!

I'm done taking any more personal statements for review right now. to those of you who have already asked me, i will do my absolute best to get to them by this saturday night, but i can't make any promises.

good luck to everyone!

Hey, sorry Tommy, I literally just sent you a PM and then just read your latest post!

Last edited:
Hi guys not sure if I should be posting this here..but is there a thread with sample personal statements? I was hoping to get some direction and I've been searching for awhile

Hi IDK how busy you are but will you be willing to read my personal statement?
Thank you!

I have some extra time at the moment. I should be able to take a couple of personal statements if anyone needs another set of eyes to look over their PS :) I have worked for my school's career services for two years, so I have picked quite a few things here and there!

Hello,

I am done reviewing personal statements for the summer (TIME TO HAVE FUNNNNNNN!!!!!!)

However, I wanted to say that there were some amazing PSs sent my way. Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle. From what I was able to read, it looks like you are all a competitive bunch!.

Also... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, as other reviewers have said, address the reviewer that you PM with RESPECT. They are taking time out if their day to help you. When I got the following message, "can i email u my PS?" (no greeting, or anything), I was shocked.

I wish all of you the best of luck!

:luck:

Im done taking in anymore personal statements for now. For those of you I've responded to, I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Good luck with the application this cycle guys!

Looks like I am maxed out for now as well. Not feeling too well, but I will def get back to/work with anyone I responded to.

Hey, I have Doc and Lawlz helping me out if anyone else would like to take a crack at mine feel free to pm me. I would like to get it out by sunday night however.

I tried the list but it seems everyone is done taking people. Is there anyone else that could review my personal statement? I would greatly appreciate it.

I tried the list but it seems everyone is done taking people. Is there anyone else that could review my personal statement? I would greatly appreciate it.

There must a virus in the air; reviewers are dropping like flies.

Are there any reviewers still available to look over my PS? I have too much written and am trying to figure out how to cut it down.

Help would be very much appreciated! :)

I can accept a few for now, until my permanent retirement in a month lol. Please don't try to get more than 2 people or so to review your personal statement. The more edits you receive, the less true it is to your writing style.

I'll be unable to take anymore statements until the end of July. Have a great summer guys, keep cool and good luck to all this cycle!

I'm unable to take any more statements. Got slammed with a ton of responsibilities. Sorry everyone!

You kids are tiring me out.

*sits back in chair, sipping wine*

Is anyone still available to review personal statements? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for taking the time to volunteer in the first place!

Hi,
I know this may be a bit late in the application cycle :oops: But can anyone let me know if you are available to take a look at my personal statement before I submit the application? Or who should I contact? :xf:
Please message me. Thank you!

Hi,
I also have a piece of PS need to be reviewed. Anybody can give me a hand? I am going to submit my application this weekend.

It's been a good run. I think together, we reviewed somewhere around 180 essays, if not more. Thank you everyone for volunteering. God bless you all.

Mods, please un-sticky this thread.

It's been a good run. I think together, we reviewed somewhere around 180 essays, if not more. Thank you everyone for volunteering. God bless you all.

Mods, please un-sticky this thread.

I had around 30 returned...I'm happy with that. Scratch me off the list as well.

I CAN REVIEW, but contrary to what others have demanded, I would appreciate if you could just copy and paste your PS and PM it to me rather than asking. If you dont get a reply, then its a given no. I will comment only on content, not grammar or spelling.