This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pnwhmt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Longtime lurking finally posting! Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I started free writing for my PS and what came up as my underlying theme was that I never wanted to be a physician, never thought I could, etc due to academic underachievement and difficult home situation (which I didn't touch on in detail, don't feel it's necessary to the sorry). Is that too honest? Outline is essentially as follows:

- Never wanted to be physician, didn't think I could

- Academic underachievement in elementary and high school due to stress at home/no support, although I placed in honors classes and advanced math throughout

- One year of average/lazy college performance (3.5 GPA) followed by a period of self work, two years of therapy to deal with my issues, which taught me to love myself in turn push myself

- Started taking prereqs for nutrition program, got recommendation by prof to take a cadaver prosection class which reoriented me towards wanting to be a provider after

- Started scribing in the ED and saw doctors make incredibly quick and decisive decisions that saved lives, made me want to be MD as opposed to PA

- Still need to fit in some additional on why I'd make a good MD

* Just for the record my sGPA is a 4.0 (but I still have ochem and biochem) and my cGPA is a 3.9 with a very strong upward trend being consistent 4.0 following self-work/therapy so I'm hoping it's not off limits to mention previous academic underachievement

Members don't see this ad.