personal StatemEnt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharmacygirl

Hey.. i'm having trouble starting my PersonaL statement... wHat are the key concepts the looK for?

any ideas??

how Long and detailed should it be?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm..do you have a big picture about what you are going to talk about? If you do, then you just need the opening sentences, which basically just an attention grabber.
If you don't have a clue about the content, basically just try to tell a story, why do you think pharmacy is "the one".

Originally posted by pharmacygirl
Hey.. i'm having trouble starting my PersonaL statement... wHat are the key concepts the looK for?

any ideas??

how Long and detailed should it be?

If the schools you want to apply to use PHARMCAS, these are their exact instructions:

Your Personal Statement should address why you selected pharmacy as a career and how the Doctor of Pharmacy degree relates to your immediate and long-term professional goals.
You are encouraged to compose your statement in a text-only word processor (e.g., Notepad), review your statement for errors, then cut and paste the final version into the text box above. Click the Save button and then return to the Personal Statement to review the formatting of your text. You are limited to approximately 1 page (4500 characters, including spaces).
Some formatting characters used in programs like Word (angled quotes, accents, special characters) will not display properly. Take care to review your final text and to make the necessary corrections to the format.