Personal Statements?

Started by Kushkeeee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kushkeeee

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a sample of their personal statement they'd be willing to share? If not, does anyone feel like discussing this issue of writing a personal statement? I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for here. I guess I just don't know how to get started. I've had some thoughts here and there about what I want to say, but it all sort of sounds cheezy to me when I read it back in my mind. My explanations about certain things regarding my credentials just sound like a bunch of excuses when I read them back. I don't know. Let's just talk about it... hehe.
 
Hey kush,

I stumbled on a website that actually posted people's personal statements. Try a google search for "personal statements graduate school" and you may be able to find something. Unfortunately I don't remember the website I was on.