Personel Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optimistic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello every one,
I was just wondering if I need to mention in my personnel statment why I want to go to Osteopathy schools. I mean there is hardly any room to describe yourself and your experiences. so what do you suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

I would (and did) include a "why osteopathy" theme in my AACOM application... could be a good thing!

-A

P.S. Why-o-Why do people cross post?!?!?

For my AACOMAS personal statement, I used most of the space to describe myself, and then at the end I included 2 sentences explaining why osteopathy suits me. I've always wondered whether schools even read these essays.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is a "Personnel Statement"??

I hope you have a spell check for your application.

Thanks Mr clown guy .Thats a wonderful answer to my question.

If I'm remembering right, and you're talking about the AACOMAS personal statement, they tell you specifically to answer two questions (that pretty much sets the short essay up for you- don't worry you'll have plenty of room on secondaries to elaborate). I think they questions are: provide motivation for osteopathic medicine and discuss your goals, or something similar to that. That's what I wrote my essay on and then I expanded on those topics in my secondaries. :)