Pets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. Someone who cannot respond with actual facts or anecdotes, and uses memes/gifs for responses.

I think immaturity could also describe a 35+ year old man (if you really are an attending, which i highly doubt) with an inferiority complex who feels the need to gloat about his "supposed" bank account on an internet forum where no one gives a hoot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Please do inform me, what rule have I violated besides hurting the almighty Goro's feelings.
You are harassing another SDN member. That's against the SDN rules. And you are being extremely disrespectful in the way that you disagree with people. I don't care how smart you are, what school you attended, what your title is, what specialty you landed (or didn't), or how much you inexplicably despise @Goro and @gonnif. Behaving as rudely as you have on this forum is inexcusable. I hope, if you really are an attending physician, that you treat your colleagues and your patients with greater respect than you have shown here.

I think immaturity could also describe a 35+ year old man (if you really are an attending, which i highly doubt) with an inferiority complex who feels the need to gloat about his "supposed" bank account on an internet forum where no one gives a hoot.

Well first of all, what you're discussing here would be a superiority complex. My discussion has arisen from a discussion on another thread with Goro, claiming IMG's from the Caribbean end up in debt and unemployment.
There is no immaturity here.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are harassing another SDN member. That's against the SDN rules. And you are being extremely disrespectful in the way that you disagree with people. I don't care how smart you are, what school you attended, what your title is, what specialty you landed (or didn't), or how much you inexplicably despise @Goro and @gonnif. Behaving as rudely as you have on this forum is inexcusable. I hope, if you really are an attending physician, that you treat your colleagues and your patients with greater respect than you have shown here.

Here are some of your beloved Goro's comments.

"Cat lover here: So reject OP
Also allergic to stupidity and a lack of introspection , so OP has a second strike from me.

The cat lover thing was sarcasm. The electrons must have been too dense for you to perceive this. My apologies.

Applying Ignore function now. You'll feel some pressure between the eyes. Awaiting Banhammer app."

I surely do hope your ban-hammer is functioning correctly. It would be extremely biased to not ban Goro based on what you described as an SDN rule.
These are just a few posts in the past few hours but he has a notorious reputation of being harsh to others.
For me, I still maintain the current stats I have.

I have shown respect, facts, and discussed the situation as it is. I think you need to read this forum and truly ask yourself who is being disrespectful here. Saying something that you dont agree with, is not disrespectful.

Well first of all, what you're discussing here would be a superiority complex. My discussion has arisen from a discussion on another thread with Goro, claiming IMG's from the Caribbean end up in debt and unemployment.

Ah so you're one of those Caribbean trolls. Tropical.

Reactions: 7 users
On a related note, there once was a man driving home from work, when his wife called. She was extremely worried. "Honey," she said. "It's on the radio that there's a car driving the wrong way down the highway."

"OMG, you're right!" the man shouted. "But there's not just one. They're all driving the wrong way!"

Reactions: 4 users

In that case, you really aren't helping the reputation of physicians that come from the Caribbean ha

On a related note, there once was a man driving home from work, when his wife called. She was extremely worried. "Honey," she said. "It's on the radio that there's a car driving the wrong way down the highway."

"OMG, you're right!" the man shouted. "But there's not just one. They're all driving the wrong way!"
Funny story, I think that might be a little more applicable in primary care fields.
Unfortunately some intelligence is required in surgery.

In that case, you really aren't helping the reputation of physicians that come from the Caribbean ha

You are absolutely correct. Matching into a competitive specialty, earning well, is hurting the reputation of the Caribbean schools.

Credibility by a user's opinion on SDN isn't a factor considered in my monthly bank statement. So it doesn't matter much to me what you believe. I still have my job, and my salary, and my credentials.
On the other hand, Goro does not.
Here are some of your beloved Goro's comments.

"Cat lover here: So reject OP
Also allergic to stupidity and a lack of introspection , so OP has a second strike from me.

The cat lover thing was sarcasm. The electrons must have been too dense for you to perceive this. My apologies.

Applying Ignore function now. You'll feel some pressure between the eyes. Awaiting Banhammer app."

I surely do hope your ban-hammer is functioning correctly. It would be extremely biased to not ban Goro based on what you described as an SDN rule.
These are just a few posts in the past few hours but he has a notorious reputation of being harsh to others.
For me, I still maintain the current stats I have.

I have shown respect, facts, and discussed the situation as it is. I think you need to read this forum and truly ask yourself who is being disrespectful here. Saying something that you dont agree with, is not disrespectful.
He's not harassing people with his comments. He states his opinion and leaves it at that. You, on the other hand, aggressively attempt to shove your own opinion about particular users down everyone's throats. The truth is, if more people (than just you) had a problem with Goro or gonnif or any other user, they will report them and actions would be taken. You seem to think that your opinion is the only one that matters and that just because you disagree, everyone else should be on your boat. No one cares about how much money you claim to make, what specialty you claim to work in, and what school you claimed to go to. Assuming it's all true anyways, you're n=1 and other premeds should be realistic about their own expectations instead of risking it all on a chance to end up in the same situation. Pick your battles, clearly no one is agreeing with you so why do you have so much trouble agreeing to disagree?

He's not harassing people with his comments. He states his opinion and leaves it at that. You, on the other hand, aggressively attempt to shove your own opinion about particular users down everyone's throats. The truth is, if more people (than just you) had a problem with Goro or gonnif or any other user, they will report them and actions would be taken. You seem to think that your opinion is the only one that matters and that just because you disagree, everyone else should be on your boat. No one cares about how much money you claim to make, what specialty you claim to work in, and what school you claimed to go to. Assuming it's all true anyways, you're n=1 and other premeds should be realistic about their own expectations instead of risking it all on a chance to end up in the same situation. Pick your battles, clearly no one is agreeing with you so why do you have so much trouble agreeing to disagree?

Actually go back and read what Ive said. Ive called Goro out on being rude to OP. Informed him of legal complications that will occur. Goro's comments serve no purpose and are in-fact harassment, it is ignorance/lies to state otherwise. You may disagree because it is the almighty Goro. This is not even an opinion either, the entire thread cycles through 3-4 of you upset individuals complaining about my salary and responding with memes. Goro consistently enlightens the forums with rude comments on an almost daily basis. I have not even looked at the good portion of his posting history.

I am not just saying, I am n=1 individual and I made it this far, so you should too. Actually read the comments I have posted and understand, that going to a foreign institution that is accredited in all 50 states is not as problematic as it is being made out to seem.

Residency programs look for students who are capable of doing the JOB they are applying to be trained in. Board scores are important because it represents basic knowledge in medicine, contributes to residency reputation, and generally reflects an applicant's caliber however, attendings and program directors want to know that the residents they chose are reliable and do not need to be baby sat. Caribbean students suffer many hardships, and are often go out of their way, since their hand was not held in medical school, to impress attendings.

Uh, I am an attending CT surgeon, making roughly $600,000. Graduated Ross in 2001, how much do you and your fellow family physicians make again?
Actually go back and read what Ive said. Ive called Goro out on being rude to OP. Informed him of legal complications that will occur. Goro's comments serve no purpose and are in-fact harassment, it is ignorance/lies to state otherwise. You may disagree because it is the almighty Goro. This is not even an opinion either, the entire thread cycles through 3-4 of you upset individuals complaining about my salary and responding with memes. Goro consistently enlightens the forums with rude comments on an almost daily basis. I have not even looked at the good portion of his posting history.

I am not just saying, I am n=1 individual and I made it this far, so you should too. Actually read the comments I have posted and understand, that going to a foreign institution that is accredited in all 50 states is not as problematic as it is being made out to seem.

Residency programs look for students who are capable of doing the JOB they are applying to be trained in. Board scores are important because it represents basic knowledge in medicine, contributes to residency reputation, and generally reflects an applicant's caliber however, attendings and program directors want to know that the residents they chose are reliable and do not need to be baby sat. Caribbean students suffer many hardships, and are often go out of their way, since their hand was not held in medical school, to impress attendings.

For an "attending CT surgeon", you sure are busy here

Splat goes the troll. @Goro and @gonnif are pleased with the music of the banhammer.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/attachments/off-topic/25392d1394217810-official-post-*****-thread-banhammer.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
@wizzed101 sorry about your thread. I know I'm partially to blame for it getting so off-topic. Hope you managed to get the advice you needed before the thread was blown up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@wizzed101 sorry about your thread. I know I'm partially to blame for it getting so off-topic. Hope you managed to get the advice you needed before the thread was blown up
@GBCrzzyy and @wizzed101 you are both fine and have nothing to do that with that crazy. He was raining cats and dogs and we all stepped into a big poodle of his crap. Who knows why he was such a bitch about things. Frankly he was just a real p*ssy. Probably suffers from canine distemper. If anything his behavior just added another reason not to consider off shore school, especially veterinary programs.

I'm just glad that we dont have any ignorant, insulting, irrational types running for president. You know maybe that crazy went to Trump University Medical School and Resort, it used to be Yuge!

Reactions: 4 users
@GBCrzzyy and @wizzed101 you are both fine and have nothing to do that with that crazy. He was raining cats and dogs and we all stepped into a big poodle of his crap. Who knows why he was such a bitch about things. Frankly he was just a real p*ssy. Probably suffers from canine distemper. If anything his behavior just added another reason not to consider off shore school, especially veterinary programs.

I'm just glad that we dont have any ignorant, insulting, irrational types running for president. You know maybe that crazy went to Trump University Medical School and Resort, it used to be Yuge!

These are some pretty risky assertions youve made about someone after being banned in the forums.
Isn't this considered harassment?

These are some pretty risky assertions youve made about someone after being banned in the forums.
Isn't this considered harassment?

Sarcasm, son, obviously. This thread started about cats and dogs and hence the comments

Bitch = Female Dog
P*ssy = common term for cat
Poodle = a breed of dog
Raining Cats and Dogs = common expression for saying something is coming copious amounts

Sarcasm, son, obviously. This thread started about cats and dogs and hence the comments

Bitch = Female Dog
P*ssy = common term for cat
Poodle = a breed of dog
Raining Cats and Dogs = common expression for saying something is coming copious amounts

How old are you?

Don't worry dude. @Goro is just a little bit of a drama queen. That's why he's on my ignore list :D

I can honestly say you have classically handed his ass to him. I like your creativity alot. Especially the tag line below.

I can honestly say you have classically handed his ass to him. I like your creativity alot. Especially the tag line below.
Some people are just difficult people. It's a fact of life. I've found it's easiest to just ignore them. I suggest you do the same.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

EDIT: Like so

;)

Last edited:
The guy was rabid! We may need to get shots now.

I agree, who knows what dieases he has caught from all that extra cash you will never have.

wtf has this thread become. I feel dirty

Reactions: 2 users
I agree, who knows what dieases he has caught from all that extra cash you will never have.
Oh please, you sound the like the same guy who just got banned in this thread. Its not like you just joined today after he just got banned or anything.

Oh please, you sound the like the same guy who just got banned in this thread. Its not like you just joined today after he just got banned or anything.

Nah Im a premed.

so, going back to OP, you said something about making changes to the cats' diets and that pretty sure they wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.... my first thought was, "did he poison the cats?????"

definitely not a good impression to make to adcom

Reactions: 2 users
so, going back to OP, you said something about making changes to the cats' diets and that pretty sure they wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.... my first thought was, "did he poison the cats?????"

definitely not a good impression to make to adcom
Maybe he got them permanently stoned?

First of all, I love your username.

Second of all, it could be that he had been lurking prior to today and finally got fed up.
Thanks. It's a sad reference to when I couldn't write my PS....and a play on words. Haha.

Maybe, but seems unlikely.

The amount of troll accounts lately have been nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure where SDN moderators are when this happens.

I have, and continue to call for .edu / .org emails as mandatory to register on SDN to eliminate trolls in one go.

I have, and continue to call for .edu / .org emails as mandatory to register on SDN to eliminate trolls in one go.
That could work, but most of those emails have full names attached, which is a privacy concern, even if emails are hidden. Would there be a way to permanently encrypt the email names?

That could work, but most of those emails have full names attached, which is a privacy concern, even if emails are hidden. Would there be a way to permanently encrypt the email names?

Oh, the full name is exactly the point here, since that would ensure that people posting are indeed real individuals that can be traced and would keep all in line.

In itself, e-mails don't have to be displayed, just like how you can't see my email.

This ensures that people are:
A. Not creating a account every 5-10 minutes with Gmail
B. Real

Quality would automatically go up.

Would be an issue for hsSDN though.

Oh, the full name is exactly the point here, since that would ensure that people posting are indeed real individuals that can be traced and would keep all in line.

In itself, e-mails don't have to be displayed, just like how you can't see my email.

This ensures that people are:
A. Not creating a account every 5-10 minutes with Gmail
B. Real

Quality would automatically go up 100%
So would a mod be in charge of tracing people that cause trouble and reporting them to their schools? I see some value in that, but I feel like the potential for abuse and doxxing is pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.