Pets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So would a mod be in charge of tracing people that cause trouble and reporting them to their schools? I see some value in that, but I feel like the potential for abuse and doxxing is pretty high.

There's not even a need to report them to the schools, but the threat / possibility of being outed to the general public is enough to keep most in line.

Consider this, these are people who are striving to become medical professionals. For those who are serious about it, this won't be a problem in order to receive real advice from real professionals.

Look at DentalTown as a example. Try making troll accounts there and see how long it lasts.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure where SDN moderators are when this happens.

I have, and continue to call for .edu / .org emails as mandatory to register on SDN to eliminate trolls in one go.
The problem with this is Goro couldnt make multiple accounts to back himself up with though.

Law of Forum Activity: high traffic forums receive a larger supply of trolls and thus require more moderators to supervise the forums.

@JustaDO proposal is interesting but may be unnecessary, since preallo is already heavily moderated

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, the full name is exactly the point here, since that would ensure that people posting are indeed real individuals that can be traced and would keep all in line.

In itself, e-mails don't have to be displayed, just like how you can't see my email.

This ensures that people are:
A. Not creating a account every 5-10 minutes with Gmail
B. Real

Quality would automatically go up.

This is actually a stupid idea. Because 1. Schools have no control over students for "Trolling" forums
2. FERPA.

Preallo is already heavily moderated

I challenge your theory by this thread still existing.

This is actually a stupid idea. Because 1. Schools have no control over students for "Trolling" forums 2. FERPA.

First: don't recall saying anything about schools controlling posters, but rather, I said the opposite.
Second: learn what FERPA is and isn't
Third: Stupid? Think about this, you are literally making accounts to troll a school admission member.

Reactions: 1 users
I challenge your theory by this thread still existing.

First: don't recall saying anything about schools controlling posters, but rather, I said the opposite.
Second: learn what FERPA is and isn't
Third: Stupid? Think about this, you are literally making accounts to troll a school admission member.

1. Having mods "Report" posters to schools
2. FERPA
3. Like I said earlier, I am NEW. But if someone did do that the admission member has literally no power over that unless they listed out their real name. And its pretty obvious with the free time Goro spends on this site, he aint an admissions member. He works for this site under multiple names.

upload_2016-8-2_18-58-0.png

Where did you get anything about reporting them to the school from this?

I'm not sure why you spelled it out, so...Matt Damon?

Not sure where SDN moderators are when this happens.

Working 13 hour + days maybe?

Members are reminded to report things and they will get handled. Exceedingly rarely is something an extreme emergency that necessitates immediate action. This is not one of them.

Reactions: 6 users
Working 13 hour + days maybe?

Wasn't trying to throw shade here.

Point of my statement is that people have been doing this repeatedly over the last few weeks, and rather then have to wait for someone to ban / delete, the problem would be alleviated by discouraging said problem to begin with.

Wasn't trying to throw shade here.

Point of my statement is that people have been doing this repeatedly over the last few weeks, and rather then have to wait for someone to ban / delete, the problem would be alleviated by discouraging said problem to begin with.

Which is not a function of moderation staff itself. There are measures in place to discourage the problem, but no measures are completely foolproof.

Again, best thing to do is report and not engage with a troll (see TOS #12).

Since it appears the OP has gotten their answer and the thread has been sufficiently derailed, this thread is now closed.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.