PGY4 and BCPS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you could say the same about people doing 6 + 2 PGY + 2 FELLOWSHIP in pharmacy right now. Wouldn't they be able to do 'more' as a PA?

Do people do 2 PGY and then 2 fellowship? I am no expert but I thought fellowships we’re done instead of residencies.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do people do 2 PGY and then 2 fellowship? I am no expert but I thought fellowships we’re done instead of residencies.
I know several people who have done fellowships after residencies. I think most of these types of fellowships are academic by nature (affiliated/sponsored by a school of pharmacy or hospital) rather than being sponsored by a drug company so they include much more teaching than what you might get from a more “traditional” fellowship in something like med info, regulatory affairs etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At a major hospital I was at they had PGY1 then PGY2 and then some of those pharmDs went into Fellowship1 and Fellowship2. However sometimes the people going into the fellowship had no PGYs at all.

Academia is slitting their own throats. They are going to kill the pharmacy profession and with it their own cushy jobs. They are making Pharmacy such a poor return on investment that even an idiot (read as "passionate new grad") can see that it isn't worth the time or the effort anymore. Much better jobs can be had with way less effort...

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
But from an employer perspective it’s great, we get more competitive/better trained applicants for jobs at the same cost as before.

The best applicants still field multiple offers, but we’re able to reject poor applicants more confidently up front and not have to worry about the position going unfilled.

Let's be honest... Anyone putting 8 years into becoming a "master" pharmacist is either an idiot or couldn't get into med/dental/PA school.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I like how PGY4 went from a theoretical question to known fact in like...7 pages