pharm clerk/assistant resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandboy401

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a High School student entering college next year. I am not exactly going to pharmacy school yet, but I will apply later on. For now, I am an undecided major.

I have a resume which includes the awards I've won (science fair, etc), my extracurriculars, and my positions in Key Club:an international community service organization. In Key Club, I was a Lieutenant Governor (I went to NJ District Key Club Board Meetings and was the chairman for Key Club Building in Northern NJ. I was in charge of the Key Clubs in 7 High Schools in my area). Would it be advisable to include this info in my resume?

Also, in the resume, I included my research internship at Rutgers Pharmacy School. However, I do not know whether I should include the nature of this work (I did genotyping, western blotting, and also clerical stuff like making solutions, labeling bottles, etc). If so, how do I include it??

Is there anything that I should take out, such as extracurriculars, etc???

Is there anything additional that I should include??

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah for Key Club! I did that and then Circle K in college. Wearing a Circle K t-shirt definitely is a conversation starter...lol.

I think those are all good things to put on your resume. Those show leadership, initiative, hard-work...all those nice things you want to have. Maybe include some of the specific duties you had in Key Club just to explain what you did in your position clearly. Did you get paid for your research internship? If you did, put it under work experience. Otherwise it should go under extracurriculars.

Including relevant course work might be good. Just keep the resume to a page in length. If you are applying to some of the national chains (Walgreens, CVS, etc), I don't think they actually accept resumes because they have a computerized application system. Though they might if you go into individual stores.