Pharm Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

srswim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I'm now just a little under 3 months from my step 1 exam, and have come to the realization that our school's pharm curriculum is extremely deficient. As of yet, I haven't found any sources to use that can help me learn what we need to know about the drugs we need to know.
Can anyone give me any ideas?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone. I'm now just a little under 3 months from my step 1 exam, and have come to the realization that our school's pharm curriculum is extremely deficient. As of yet, I haven't found any sources to use that can help me learn what we need to know about the drugs we need to know.
Thanks!
If you are a flash cards person then go with above, else Pharm Recall is great. If you want a more comprehensive or want to relearn pharm all over again kaplan pharm lecture notes is what you need

Thanks!

How do you know it's deficient? I thought our curriculum was until I did pharm UW questions and was scoring in the 80's for high yield stuff like autonomics, antibacterials, anticancers etc.... I'm hoping that means I'll be sitting alright. I also have 3 months or so before my exam

Members don't see this ad :)
My school's pharm is also deficient, we never have time designated in our curriculum for it to be taught. There is always even now a drug or two i dont recognize in questions I do. I did kaplan videos which I thought was great for going through it one step at a time and covering each drug and family well. I was going to use the book but I ended up just making my own notes, I'm probably just going to now stick with FA/Pharm recall, questions and my notes.

Our program is more than a little deficient. I'm basically terrified, because as I've started to attempt qbank questions, I haven't even seen/ heard of at least 90% of the drugs, much less their associated clinical uses and side effects. It sounds like I'm going to need something more in depth, like kaplan, but is there a way to get just the pharm notes or video without purchasing the entire expensive package?

Our program is more than a little deficient. I'm basically terrified, because as I've started to attempt qbank questions, I haven't even seen/ heard of at least 90% of the drugs, much less their associated clinical uses and side effects. It sounds like I'm going to need something more in depth, like kaplan, but is there a way to get just the pharm notes or video without purchasing the entire expensive package?

The Kaplan videos can be obtained in a similar fashion to other popular audio/visual media supplements used for Step I studying.