Pharm Tech ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elitesci

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to obtain a job as a pharm tech , but for some reason they never hire do to the fact they say I am over qualified.

I have a BSc. in Biology. I guess health care does not like hiring people who know science. From this I am reasoning that they rather hire an idiot than someone with some brains. Due to a $$ issue.

Appreciate someone's advice.

Members don't see this ad.

hmm... i didn't really find having a bs to be a problem. i did get hired at what is known as a hell store in the district, while i had no luck at the stores in nicer parts of the city. so maybe apply at some undesirable locations? or try to get the name and # of a regional manager and talk to them. that got me in the door because they seem more interested in receruiting quality people, esp those who might go onto pharm school and work for the chain later in life. good luck.

I have a BS in Psychobiology from UCLA and everyone was really impressed when I applied for a tech position. Here in California, I qualified for a tech license because of my BS.

I should move to California. It seems like people get more respect out there.

Thanks,

Jim