pharmacist to med-student?

Started by rxgirl10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxgirl10

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am contemplating pursuing medicine after finishing a six year pharmacy program and after working for one year. I am extremely unhappy with my current position and feel that a career change is necessary.

I'm just not sure how to proceed. It has been 5 years since I have taken physics and organic, 6 years since bio and chem. All of the pre-med prerequisites have been completed but my gpa is poor.

Do I have to do a masters to improve my GPA and then apply to med school. Do my old prerequisites even count? I have heard of specific two-three year programs that are catered for non-traditional students who have to re-take there prerequisites, but does anyone know what the official title is? or an example of one?

Sorry for the long post, im new here. I hope I posted in the correct section. Thanks in advance!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.