Pharmacists: How have you been doing your job search?

Started by Sameer210
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sameer210

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been licensed in my state (MD) for over 2 months and I have only had a handful of interviews and no job offers. I go on indeed.com, craigslist, hospital career sites, etc., and i apply whenever there are positions available. My job search has been primarily online, because I don't know anyone in this state to network with. Is there anything I can do differently? does anyone have job leads in MD?
 
I've been licensed in my state (MD) for over 2 months and I have only had a handful of interviews and no job offers. I go on indeed.com, craigslist, hospital career sites, etc., and i apply whenever there are positions available. My job search has been primarily online, because I don't know anyone in this state to network with. Is there anything I can do differently? does anyone have job leads in MD?

Sounds like you are doing everything you can from a distance. The only thing to add is cold calling. Aside from that, you will need to get your feet on the ground. Going to ASHP meetings / board of pharmacy meetings will get you going in the networking department. You can also contact chains that have a national presence where you are and MD. Having a job with a chain that can get you to MD will put you in the local area (from which you can begin networking).

Anyone here from MD that can help the OP?
 
I've been licensed in my state (MD) for over 2 months and I have only had a handful of interviews and no job offers. I go on indeed.com, craigslist, hospital career sites, etc., and i apply whenever there are positions available. My job search has been primarily online, because I don't know anyone in this state to network with. Is there anything I can do differently? does anyone have job leads in MD?


What kind work experience do you have?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks aboveliquidice. i'm going to try your suggestions.

its z- I'm a new grad, but I've worked as Pharm Intern at a large acute care hospital for 3.5 years. I've also worked as a Pharm Intern at Walgreens, as well as a private community pharmacy.
 
thanks aboveliquidice. i'm going to try your suggestions.

its z- I'm a new grad, but I've worked as Pharm Intern at a large acute care hospital for 3.5 years. I've also worked as a Pharm Intern at Walgreens, as well as a private community pharmacy.

Hmmm, what's your perspective on how the few interviews have gone? Have you gotten any feedback?

Are you seeing any PT openings? My coworkers find PT stuff all the time, and then get FT offers quite frequently...

Not sure of you're situation, but could you consider just getting your foot in the door with some PT hours, then prove yourself and work up to more hours?
 
2 new ones? What the hell....Whats this put the total school number at...130+??? Ridiculous

I saw a full page of faculty ads for Hilo in the last edition of Pharmacotherapy.

Imma open a school in my garage. Well, the lab will be there, the rest will be distance learning via password protected YouTube.
 
I saw a full page of faculty ads for Hilo in the last edition of Pharmacotherapy.

Imma open a school in my garage. Well, the lab will be there, the rest will be distance learning via password protected YouTube.

I wonder how many people apply for faculty positions there for a free trip to Hawaii?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just spent 4 days at ACCP, where I sought out clinical coordinators and discussed potential positions in my specialty. You need to get out there and be seen.
 
I saw a full page of faculty ads for Hilo in the last edition of Pharmacotherapy.

Imma open a school in my garage. Well, the lab will be there, the rest will be distance learning via password protected YouTube.

I will finance your operation if you let me be assistant dean.