Pharmacy Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy Hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing great out there! So I just took my PCAT the other day and received a 68 percentile and a 412 cumulative score. I am wondering if I should retake the PCAT in September or if this is good enough. Some background info: I am trying to get into the University of Iowa or Drake Pharmacy programs and I have a 3.55 overall gpa at the U of I right now. However, my cumulative gpa is a 3.24 (I didn't take college classes in high school very seriously). Just kind of wondering what the general consensus is...

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably try and do better on the PCAT. Now you know at least how the test looks and how it's formatted. You'll be fine if your GPA stays the same on PharmCAS, meaning you didn't fail or retake any classes

I would probably try and do better on the PCAT. Now you know at least how the test looks and how it's formatted. You'll be fine if your GPA stays the same on PharmCAS, meaning you didn't fail or retake any classes
Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

Average PCAT percentile fluctuates from 68-70% and average GPA is 3.3 based on previous years data. U of I admission committee looks at the whole packet so I think if you'll be fine as long as your letters are great and a stellar personal statement. U of I has early decision this year so I would recommend you applying early.