Pharmacy clubs/organizations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

konp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am no longer attending a university as an undergrad. however, I want to visit some meetings for the pharmacy clubs at a local university.

I wonder if that is okay at some universities or if that is even necessary. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would assume as an alumnus of a certain university this might be something you could arrange by contacting the club's leadership. Without being an alumnus this might also be an option although I would imagine they might not be as receptive to you.

But besides that, why do you have an interest in visiting some of these pharmacy club meetings in the first place? I speculate any information or insight that might be obtained there could be just as easily be attained here or through a google search, to be honest.

I may even be of some help if you'd like.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if this would interest you, but there are many professional pharmacy associations, and the Academy of Students of Pharmacy is a national affiliate of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) that is open to both pharmacy and pre-pharmacy students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I am no longer attending a university as an undergrad. however, I want to visit some meetings for the pharmacy clubs at a local university.

I wonder if that is okay at some universities or if that is even necessary. thanks!

Not necessary. Any info you’ll need can be obtained from APhA website / pharm school websites / or even “google”

I have a different view of these student organizations, after seeing how their parent organizations often work against the interest of pharmacists. But assuming you feel differently, I still can't imagine why a pharmacist would want to go to student pharmacist meetings. Do you want to be a mentor? There are better ways to go about that, then just randomly attending student meetings. Are you a professional student, who can't get past the fact that you have now graduated? You need to face reality, and go to the parent organization meetings, if you still want to go to meetings.

I would assume as an alumnus of a certain university this might be something you could arrange by contacting the club's leadership. Without being an alumnus this might also be an option although I would imagine they might not be as receptive to you.

But besides that, why do you have an interest in visiting some of these pharmacy club meetings in the first place? I speculate any information or insight that might be obtained there could be just as easily be attained here or through a google search, to be honest.

I may even be of some help if you'd like.
I have found that a lot of requirements for applicants have specifically mentioned club activity.

I have found that a lot of requirements for applicants have specifically mentioned club activity.

Having club activity as a requirement sounds exceedingly bizarre to me. Certainly none of the pharmacy schools I've ever seen mention anything of the like as a requirement. I'm sure it would help an application but to be required would really single out non-trads and even other groups.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I've just never seen it myself and it does come across as a strange requirement to me.

What schools do you know of that list this as a requirement?

Last edited: