Pharmacy Experience on PT application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

STILLmatic 9096

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!

I am going to be applying to pt programs this summer. I have been working as a pharmacy technician for the last 4 years now, and I would just like to know if anyone knows if this experience would carry any weight on my pt applications. I realize that working as a pt aid or something of that sort would probably look best on my application, but I decided to continue working as a tech throughout undergrad because of the nice pay. Any opinions would be much appreciated!
 
Hi guys!

I am going to be applying to pt programs this summer. I have been working as a pharmacy technician for the last 4 years now, and I would just like to know if anyone knows if this experience would carry any weight on my pt applications. I realize that working as a pt aid or something of that sort would probably look best on my application, but I decided to continue working as a tech throughout undergrad because of the nice pay. Any opinions would be much appreciated!

Including it isn’t going to make or break you getting into a program nor will it make you get ranked higher. Unfortunately most programs rank you off of your stats. But I would include it anyways under your experience section.
 
I have been accepted to PT school and I have been a Pharmacy tech almost three years. I don’t know your situation but after getting my bachelors degree and not getting accepted the first time around I just really worked to improve my application. I also started in a warehouse pharmacy and got nationally certified and got a job in the inpatient pharmacy at a hospital. I think it did help me cause it showed my growth. I now am a supervisor at the hospital. It took me a long time but I finally found a pt tech job that worked with my full time schedule at the hospital. So I think most jobs can positive it’s just how you use it to your advantage. Working at both places has shown me how much I love physical therapy and I know I’m taking the right path. I talked about that in my interviews.