Pharmacy Field Ideas for Next Job

Started by araytb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

araytb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any ideas for a pharmacy field that would typically encompass this wishlist?
  • Day shift hours: Evening hours would be fine too if they're 10-12 hrs shifts.
  • Non-profit or government: The Public Service Loan Forgiveness requires this.
  • No projects: I tend to bring work home
  • No retail: Not a fan of talking to patients
Right now, I'm in a dream hospital dispensing/operations position. My only complaint is the crappy hours (3PM-11:30PM 5 days/week with one day of those 5 days being a weekend day). I'm moving across the country to Seattle for family and I'm considering other pharmacy fields. I'd definitely love to do hospital again but I'm afraid it'll be too hard to find a job with day shift positions since I'm a relatively new grad (3 years) and I'd be a new employee. At my workplace, you have to wait like 4-5 years for a day shift spot to open up and I'm afraid if I go to another hospital, I'll have to start again from zero.
 
My friend graduated from University of Washington in 2005 and told me that there were plenty of hospital jobs when he graduated. Good luck.