Pharmacy intern ( just get accepted and haven't enrolled as P1 student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

abeautifulday

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got accepted to pharmacy school. I sent pharmacy intern license application and I wonder If I can work as a pharmacy intern even though I haven't enrolled in pharmacy school as P1 student yet. I have almost one year experience as a Pharmacy Assistant in outpatient and independent pharmacy (but not quite familiar with insurance policy yet) Anyone can help for this topic? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is a good question and Im going to up the thread hoping someone can answer...cause Im in the same boat right now
Someone already posted the answer. Google your state's board of pharmacy and figure out what the intern license requires. It takes about 2 minutes.
 
Someone already posted the answer. Google your state's board of pharmacy and figure out what the intern license requires. It takes about 2 minutes.
thanks. I realize its a state to state variable but I was more curious about the norm or whats accepted in general; i.e. being a practicing intern/licensed before matriculating.

btw. in my state, OH, the board of pharmacy says you need to prove you are currently 'taking' professional courses. 'Taking' isnt specified, but I assume it means after the start of the PY1 semester. If anyone else knows for sure please correct me.
 
I also live in Ohio and the way I understand it is that we have to wait until we actually start class. If you hear otherwise let me know haha

EDIT: Here is what I found

"Have successfully completed at least sixty semester or ninety quarter hours of college, be enrolled in a school of pharmacy, and has begun taking professional classes directly related to the practice of pharmacy"

So I believe the day that you start taking classes you can apply, as the 60 semester hours is only referring to undergrad. I believe you can work as an intern over the summer for the following year since you have already begun course work (I hope)
 
Last edited: