Pharmacy residency for Non-US citizens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cookiemonster7

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian student attending pharmacy school in the U.S. with a F-1 visa. I am in my P4 year and am thinking of applying to residency. However, I saw that for VA hospitals, you need to be a U.S. citizen. Is this a requirement for VA hospitals only?

Thank you for answering in advance!
 
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian student attending pharmacy school in the U.S. with a F-1 visa. I am in my P4 year and am thinking of applying to residency. However, I saw that for VA hospitals, you need to be a U.S. citizen. Is this a requirement for VA hospitals only?

Thank you for answering in advance!

Yes, requirement only for federal programs such as VA, IHS, etc...