This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmMavoDal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
PCAT composite: 62
GPA: 3.5
State Certified Pharmacy Technician
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
Tons of pharmacy experience
I have some extracurricular under my belt.

So my question is...... what are my chances of getting into pharmacy school?
Applying to Oklahoma pharmacy schools, Southwestern Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma to be more exact.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man. This is actually my first response to a post on this website. Your chances, based on what you've said, look pretty good. You have a higher GPA and PCAT score than me. I was recently accepted into the Univ. of New Mexico School of Pharmacy a few days ago. I'm also nationally certified, worked as a compounding technician for 2 years, volunteered in a pharmacy, and did extracurricular activities. You sound pretty solid as far as academics. One thing I recommend is putting something in your personal statement that makes you stand out. Give them a reason to accept you that they've never heard of before or a problem in healthcare you want to fix that you don't hear people generally talk about. I can't give you a percentage or a number of what kind of a chance you have, but I can tell you that your stats are better than most out there. If you have any questions, let me know. Good luck.

PCAT composite: 62
GPA: 3.5
State Certified Pharmacy Technician
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
Tons of pharmacy experience
I have some extracurricular under my belt.

So my question is...... what are my chances of getting into pharmacy school?
Applying to Oklahoma pharmacy schools, Southwestern Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma to be more exact.

you can get into anywhere with those states. Pharmacy school admission rates are way down