Pharmacy School Interview Tomorrow! I'M NERVOUS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOnlinePharmacist

P4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm pretty excited my pharmacy interview is tomorrow (Saturday the 16th,) but at the same time I'M SUPER nervous. I was really confident just last week, but now I feel extra scared. I thought i'd just get on here and ask all the questions I had so I can be reassured haha

1. For guys: Did you guys use any form of concealer or light make up for your interview? I have a little acne brake-out and it really bothers me...what should I do!?

2. How should I sit down? Should my back be rested on the chair or upright? and what do I do right as I walk in to the interview room? From everything I learned online I should initiate the handshake but all the videos I watched were for business interviews. Does that apply here too?

3. I know a lot of Med schools start examining students the moment they show up before they even walk in to the interview. Should I be extra interactive with the other applicants? Should I interact a lot with the teachers or tour guides?

4. What's the right amount of questions to ask the interviewer at the end of the interview that wouldn't seem fake or annoying? I'm thinking just 1 strong question right now!

I know this may sound like I'm overthinking but the answers will definitely help with my confidence!

I think it’s great for you to want to do the best you can for your interview. A year ago I was in your exact shoes and was wondering how to present myself, what questions to ask, how extroverted I had to be (I’m super introverted), etc. The most cliche but honest truth I can give you is to just be yourself. Don’t fake your interest but don’t look uninterested either. Most people who apply to Pharmacy want to help people, so show that you can be empathetic and understanding. In terms of how to sit down, I personally don’t think it matters, just look engaged. I would initiate handshakes though. Strike a conversation or two with people but don’t be worried if it gets quiet. At the end of the day, just be your natural self. That’s what I did and now I help the committee interview prospective students. Hope this helps.