You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NopeI have a test at 8:30 am. Do you think I can memorize 108 drug names, which includes the brand name, generic and class it belongs? And know the spelling?
I have a test at 8:30 am. Do you think I can memorize 108 drug names, which includes the brand name, generic and class it belongs? And know the spelling?
Not a chance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd have that knocked out in 45 minutes.
OP pulled an all-nighter...only the best of the best procrastinators accepted into pharmacy school apparently (sarcasm).
Reaction time & hand-eye coordination should be **** just in time for your test
Reaction time & hand-eye coordination should be **** just in time for your test
8
899424
I know, I got 4/60 wrong for sure, but I went back and changed my answer on one. The other one that I was going to put the right answer, but doubted myself. The other 2 I totally forgot.
So always go with the first choice? Or maybe just study at least one day in advance, so I know my stuff.
So always go with the first choice? Or maybe just study at least one day in advance, so I know my stuff.
8:30AM? When do they expect people to wake up? I get up at 9AM and I still think that's too early to be waking up. I'd rather be forced to attend classes at 6-9PM than 830AM.
You should be studying continuously and not just the day before your exams.I know, I got 4/60 wrong for sure, but I went back and changed my answer on one. The other one that I was going to put the right answer, but doubted myself. The other 2 I totally forgot.
So always go with the first choice? Or maybe just study at least one day in advance, so I know my stuff.
I know, I got 4/60 wrong for sure, but I went back and changed my answer on one. The other one that I was going to put the right answer, but doubted myself. The other 2 I totally forgot.
So always go with the first choice? Or maybe just study at least one day in advance, so I know my stuff.
Lol...yeah...maybe one day in advance
LOLI have a test at 8:30 am. Do you think I can memorize 108 drug names, which includes the brand name, generic and class it belongs? And know the spelling?
No, and arguably unless you're failing, it doesn't matter. I actually have come around from being the super responsible person to the idea that you need to give just enough effort to make your goals work, as there's never an opportunity to give it your true 100% if you are taking life seriously. If you can study two hours before the test and get an ok or even good result, go for it. Time optimization is much more important than performance the majority of the time. Learning when to try enough, but not be a try hard is a skill worth mastering.
Last edited:
No, since you were hanging out on computer boards instead of studying.
Learning when to try enough, but not be a try hard is a skill worth mastering.
^This.
8
899424
I know but I have a major procrastination problem. It's worst than ever before...You should be studying continuously and not just the day before your exams.
My last exam was on Monday and started studying at 6pm on Sunday. I decided to go out Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and got trashed on friday and saturday. And all of my roommates are party animals. Ughhh! I don't want to fail school.
8
899424
To be quiet honest, I think i'm better off hanging out here just remind me to studyNo, since you were hanging out on computer boards instead of studying.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes. You could probably do this in 4 hours of intense and repetitive study if you needed to.I have a test at 8:30 am. Do you think I can memorize 108 drug names, which includes the brand name, generic and class it belongs? And know the spelling?
8
899424
okay, well i think it's my roommates because they are wild af and it's distracting me from studying. Last thurday, i took my exam early, so i felt asleep early and woke up at midnight. my roommate calls me and asks me if i can pick her up at 2:30 am and i said yes. All the bars are a 3 minute away drive. I get there and she was like get out the car and starts to introduce me to everyone. Then, some how the bar is closed and kicked out everyone, but her friends are still getting drinks. Ok, so there goes my night. On friday, we were suppose to get just food before you know it I'm trashed and it's not even 11pm. Btw, my roommates pay for everything. The next day, it's when grown up people celebrate halloween. my roommate is like, "you're being so boring and a mute." Buys me shots after shots and i end up throwing up at the bar.
I think I need new roommates these are self-destructive and bringing me down.
I think I need new roommates these are self-destructive and bringing me down.
I think I need new roommates these are self-destructive and bringing me down.
Or....You could just say “No” and experience self-discipline...
You know, lock your door / turn phone off / stock your mini-fridge so you don’t go out n eat late / so on and so forth.
Sounds like you need more self control and a new set of roommates.
8
899424
You might missing out! I'm not going to deny it but I have an incredible time with those crazy, wild bit***!!!I never hung out with my roommates. Living with roommates was the only option to keep my housing costs down (<$500 rent/mo). I'm not your friend bro
8
899424
I'm not saying it's impossible but I know I cant do that like every 2 drugs is from a different class. The names are out of this world and it is important that i retain it for long term because I work that's how i know.yes. You could probably do this in 4 hours of intense and repetitive study if you needed to.
Having roommates sucks. The only thing I'm looking forward to in sophomore year is living alone. I live with the biggest, laziest slob ever. He's also a drug addict, to top it all off.
You need self control and need to be more disciplined. No one to blame but yourself.
Try telling that to your crying 2 year old and 6 month old and your harried, frustrated spouse. That's the exact environment that you need to learn to work in and keep your head.
Last edited:
what drug is he addicted to? EtoH?Having roommates sucks. The only thing I'm looking forward to in sophomore year is living alone. I live with the biggest, laziest slob ever. He's also a drug addict, to top it all off.
Lolwhat drug is he addicted to? EtoH?
it was a srs question... :/
Oh, sorry, yeah you could say he's addicted to that. He's done and sold just about everything though, from what I've heard. He's also pre-pharm. Which makes me very sad, as he belongs nowhere near a pharmacy.it was a srs question... :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yikes. that is very high risk behavior. At least on the one side he is working on his business skills. But I don't think it's worth the risk at all.... Hopefully you move out. What if some of his drugs get mixed in with yoru stuff? or maybe he gets raided and you get in trouble too? he blames it on you? I'd rather be sleeping in the park then with someone commiting felonies daily.Oh, sorry, yeah you could say he's addicted to that. He's done and sold just about everything though, from what I've heard. He's also pre-pharm. Which makes me very sad, as he belongs nowhere near a pharmacy.
I'm going to bring it up with my residence life for the time being so they know I dont get involved with that garbage.Yikes. that is very high risk behavior. At least on the one side he is working on his business skills. But I don't think it's worth the risk at all.... Hopefully you move out. What if some of his drugs get mixed in with yoru stuff? or maybe he gets raided and you get in trouble too? he blames it on you? I'd rather be sleeping in the park then with someone commiting felonies daily.
8
899424
Hi everyone! Tonight I'm being a good girl and studying. 😀
8
899424
If you're in pharmacy school then you def have be careful about who you hang out. My roommate bitc*hes about this to me all the time...I don't know if I would snitch on anyone and still be nice.I'm going to bring it up with my residence life for the time being so they know I dont get involved with that garbage.
Bitc*hes?If you're in pharmacy school then you def have be careful about who you hang out. My roommate bitc*hes about this to me all the time...I don't know if I would snitch on anyone and still be nice.
8
899424
like is doing thisBitc*hes?
but it was thru my roommate that introduced me to someone and then someone .. you get itlike is doing thisbut it was thru my roommate that introduced me to someone and then someone .. you get it
....I don’t....
2018 communication media : what have you done?
I have a test at 8:30 am. Do you think I can memorize 108 drug names, which includes the brand name, generic and class it belongs? And know the spelling?
Yeah, you need to start with A = AMPHETAMINES = ADDERALL. (kidding, do it natural, its poison)
Seriously, what are you doing in pharmacy school man if you don't know how to study for graduate level exams....You are the reason this field is drowning with over saturation. I just hope one day my boss lays me off and hires you.....LMAO.
8
899424
Yeah, you need to start with A = AMPHETAMINES = ADDERALL. (kidding, do it natural, its poison)
Seriously, what are you doing in pharmacy school man if you don't know how to study for graduate level exams....You are the reason this field is drowning with over saturation. I just hope one day my boss lays me off and hires you.....LMAO.
I already got Addy, XR and IR!! I do know how to study its just that my first test in graduate school I got away with studying a little bit because it was A&P and I took it the undergraduate level course (not completely new to me). My "new" studying habits are bad now. Why do you think I'm here?
Last edited by a moderator:
No clueI already got Addy, XR and IR!! I do know how to study its just that my first test in graduate school I got away with studying a little bit because it was A&P and I took it the undergraduate level course (not completely new to me). My "new" studying habits are bad now. Why do you think I'm here?
I already got Addy, XR and IR!! I do know how to study its just that my first test in graduate school I got away with studying a little bit because it was A&P and I took it the undergraduate level course (not completely new to me). My "new" studying habits are bad now. Why do you think I'm here?
Stop taking that stuff man, its bad for your cardiovascular system. You cannot spend your life on amphetamines! you have to learn to do what you can naturally. We all gotta die sometime, but take it SLOW man.....everyone i see these days is popping that stuff like candy......you do understand its "speed" dont you? now go study twice as hard without it and get some exercise.
8
899424
No, I hate it but when I take it that's the only time I study..... I hate taking it. I think I'm better without itStop taking that stuff man, its bad for your cardiovascular system. You cannot spend your life on amphetamines! you have to learn to do what you can naturally. We all gotta die sometime, but take it SLOW man.....everyone i see these days is popping that stuff like candy......you do understand its "speed" dont you? now go study twice as hard without it and get some exercise.
Btw, someone can take adderall and exercise, how you combine the two depends on what you're trying to achieve
Last edited by a moderator:
8
899424
i'm studying and taking breaks, nothing is more boring than SDN so my attention goes right back to studyingNo clue
Also at times i think sdn can be inspiring and motivating
8
899424
I'm back... I need to study and sdn helps me with that! Idc if it takes me to have to be on here then whatever. This is better than my roommates
Why is this thread still alive?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why is this thread still alive?
people like to prove points and argue.....myself included.
No, I hate it but when I take it that's the only time I study..... I hate taking it. I think I'm better without it
Btw, someone can take adderall and exercise, how you combine the two depends on what you're trying to achieve
Well look at it this way, if you cant focus enough on exams to pass them without amphetamines, I would prefer you not be my pharmacist. make sense? Have you looked at a retail pharmacy lately? it's nothing but "distractions" , you get pulled away from your concentration every 2 minutes for something probably unnecessary of your time....and you can't pop speed your whole life, so what will you do?
Well look at it this way, if you cant focus enough on exams to pass them without amphetamines, I would prefer you not be my pharmacist. make sense? Have you looked at a retail pharmacy lately? it's nothing but "distractions" , you get pulled away from your concentration every 2 minutes for something probably unnecessary of your time....and you can't pop speed your whole life, so what will you do?
Actually I know more than one pharmacist that does exactly that. Frankly it is probably preferable to someone who should be medicated but doesn't seek treatment due to social stigma.
How would you feel about a pharmacist that takes opiates for chronic pain relief? Somehow that is better than a pharmacist who takes "speed" to treat ADHD?
8
899424
No, this doesn't make sense at all. lol. Yes, I work in retail pharmacy and love it. Everyone is different and do things differentlyWell look at it this way, if you cant focus enough on exams to pass them without amphetamines, I would prefer you not be my pharmacist. make sense? Have you looked at a retail pharmacy lately? it's nothing but "distractions" , you get pulled away from your concentration every 2 minutes for something probably unnecessary of your time....and you can't pop speed your whole life, so what will you do?
8
899424
I don't see neither of those wrong. If someone takes opiates or adderall or someone that wants to fix it other ways like herbal meds.Actually I know more than one pharmacist that does exactly that. Frankly it is probably preferable to someone who should be medicated but doesn't seek treatment due to social stigma.
How would you feel about a pharmacist that takes opiates for chronic pain relief? Somehow that is better than a pharmacist who takes "speed" to treat ADHD?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 4K