This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOnlinePharmacist

P4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I worked as a pharmacy technician for 8 months with a Salary of $10.50 per hour, and I remember at the time, the store manager (Walgreens) mentioned that upon ententering pharmacy school the salary will increase to around $15-20 an hour, and then upon completing my p2 (or p3? I can’t remember) year the salary would bump up to well around $49 an hour. Although I do not want to re involve myself with Walgreens whatsoever, I am looking for other options.
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to work, with the highest salary, now that I’ve gotten my acceptance and will be starting in late August of this year! A friend of mine suggested Publix pays well around $15 and hour and I have applied there. I’m also thinking of applying to a few independent pharmacies.
If anyone has any experience at all in this, I’d love to hear your input :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, so I worked as a pharmacy technician for 8 months with a Salary of $10.50 per hour, and I remember at the time, the store manager (Walgreens) mentioned that upon ententering pharmacy school the salary will increase to around $15-20 an hour, and then upon completing my p2 (or p3? I can’t remember) year the salary would bump up to well around $49 an hour. Although I do not want to re involve myself with Walgreens whatsoever, I am looking for other options.
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of where to work, with the highest salary, now that I’ve gotten my acceptance and will be starting in late August of this year! A friend of mine suggested Publix pays well around $15 and hour and I have applied there. I’m also thinking of applying to a few independent pharmacies.
If anyone has any experience at all in this, I’d love to hear your input :)
The $49/hour for a pharmacy intern is wrong. Most P3/P4 interns get just slightly higher than a tech would like $15.

Reactions: 1 user