PharmCAS and PCAT score clarification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jkloorbaspo2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everybody,

The February 1st deadline for the schools I'd like to apply to is rapidly approaching. I completed most of my PharmCAS application over the summer (with the exception of 1 LoR and my personal statement). I took the PCAT in June 2009, so when I began to complete my PharmCAS profile in July, I had to call Pearson to get my PCAT CID #. I had assumed that this would automatically link my PCAT score with my profile.

Here I am, ready to submit, and doing a final review of my profile... And I discovered that just because I associated my PCAT CID # with my account, that it does not mean that PharmCAS will automatically retrieve my PCAT score.

At this point, I would appreciate if somebody could clarify what I need to do so that PharmCAS will have my PCAT score associated with my profile.

I logged on to the PCAT website (https://tpc-etesting.com/pcat/default.aspx) and it looks like it's $20 to send my PCAT score from June 2009 to PharmCAS, using code 104 ("PharmCAS--Watertown, MA"). My question is--is sending my score to PharmCAS sufficient, or do I need to select the individual schools I am applying to in addition to PharmCAS? I'm assuming it's the former, since PharmCAS basically verifies that all submitted information is legitimate before passing it onward to the schools that applicants have chosen to apply to. Thus, the schools receive the PCAT scores (and other information) from PharmCAS.

I'd appreciate having this cleared up... stressin' pretty hard right now.

Thanks all.
 
Last edited:
Hey everybody,

The February 1st deadline for the schools I'd like to apply to is rapidly approaching. I completed most of my PharmCAS application over the summer (with the exception of 1 LoR and my personal statement). I took the PCAT in June 2009, so when I began to complete my PharmCAS profile in July, I had to call Pearson to get my PCAT CID #. I had assumed that this would automatically link my PCAT score with my profile.

Here I am, ready to submit, and doing a final review of my profile... And I discovered that just because I associated my PCAT CID # with my account, that it does not mean that PharmCAS will automatically retrieve my PCAT score.

At this point, I would appreciate if somebody could clarify what I need to do so that PharmCAS will have my PCAT score associated with my profile.

I logged on to the PCAT website (https://tpc-etesting.com/pcat/default.aspx) and it looks like it's $20 to send my PCAT score from June 2009 to PharmCAS, using code 104 ("PharmCAS--Watertown, MA"). My question is--is sending my score to PharmCAS sufficient, or do I need to select the individual schools I am applying to in addition to PharmCAS? I'm assuming it's the former, since PharmCAS basically verifies that all submitted information is legitimate before passing it onward to the schools that applicants have chosen to apply to. Thus, the schools receive the PCAT scores (and other information) from PharmCAS.

I'd appreciate having this cleared up... stressin' pretty hard right now.

Thanks all.
Use code 104 ("PharmCAS--Watertown, MA") to send your 2009 PCAT score to PharmCAS by paying the $20.00 fee. That's all you need to do. Selecting the individual schools will force you to pay $20 for each school when this is not needed. Since you have your PCAT ID # in your PharmCAS already, your PharmCAS application should update with scores once you pay and wait say 7-14 days, maybe longer.

I had to do this. Not because an old PCAT, but because I forgot to select the correct option when registering for the PCAT, so my scores were sent...nowhere! (it's possible 😛)