pharmcas personal statement essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dk00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long should it be and what thing's should i include in there?

Members don't see this ad.

You can have a maximum of 4500 characters (spaces are included as characters), so that's around maybe 2 pages max. You want your statement to have substance in it, rather than empty words here and there. This is a pretty bad answer to your question, but I'm stuck on the statement and I'm having to constantly revise to make it better.

Don't include extra apostrophes.

Applicants should consider making an appointment with the writing lab at their current college/university to get feedback on the personal essay in order to revise and polish it before submitting to PharmCAS.

i took the direct approach. i didn't talk about some silly life changing moment. my p.s was 4 paragraphs long.
1. time are rough, i need a stable job
2. i got what it takes to handle the schooling
3. i got what it takes to handle the ever so changing pharmacy environment as a professional
4. my work experience reinforces my aspirations, abolishing any doubt that i have about the field.

i was as blunt as i could possibly be, no eloquence at all. incisive and an easy read. must have been decent, my gpa is a 2.73 and i have my first interview tomorrow morning.

Reactions: 1 user
I first applied to pharmacy school back in 2010 and I was praised for my personal essay(s).

I answered the PharmCAS essay prompt exactly as asked. My first paragraph answered why I selected pharmacy as a career choice. My second paragraph answered how a Pharm.D. degree would help me to reach my short and long term goals. And my last paragraph (or two) spoke to how my personal, educational, and professional background will help me achieve my goals.

Good luck! I'm still working on my PharmCAS essay as well. :luck: