PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know that Western does not recieve any of LOR's from PharmCAS and that's why applicants need to send them in again.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i read somewhere that they update their mailing status on fridays and send out the apps on mondays. so depending on the day you e-sumbit it, i'd say it takes like a 1 1/2 to 2 weeks this early in the game

PharmCAS requires a 2-5 week processing window so be patient, especially if your GPA has not been verfied

PharmCAS requires a 2-5 week processing window so be patient, especially if your GPA has not been verfied

it has been calculated second day after i submitted the app.... I don't know if thats considered verified. My transcripts were received like two weeks prior to me submitting the form...

I did it last wednesday... I don't know if that makes a difference.

also my LOR have been done.

Does anyone know of any school that goes through pharmcas but recalculates the GPA using only the pre-requisites. Mainly in the south, but could be in the north.

Does anyone know of any school that goes through pharmcas but recalculates the GPA using only the pre-requisites. Mainly in the south, but could be in the north.

I know some schools do, but I don't know where you'd be able to get that information unless they told you specifically. I personally didn't ask the schools if they recalculated GPA based on any other criteria or if they just took pharmcas. If you have specific schools your looking into you could call and ask.

do you know if pharmcas send those tables with the GPA or how is it?.Also yesterday I saw a mailing date on my designations and today there's nothing , do you know about that.?:rolleyes:

what was the mailing date that was listed?

Members don't see this ad :)
what about the GPA tables?, I'm going to call, cause i'm confused.

I would call and ask too.

If a school asks you to list certain classes in their supplemental application, then it's possible that they recalculate the GPA for their needs. The alternative is that the schools would rather have you do their work by listing pertinent prereqs.:D

If i took running start credits(not applying to pharmacy) in high school and didnt submit them to pharmcas would they inform me if i needed it or not... or would they just send what i had to the school or schools that i am pplying to? Do they have my whole academic career on file already or is it something i have to tell them? Just wanted to stay on top of things when i apply next year.......

You need to send transcripts from every school you ever attended, even if you started in high school and even if it isn't a prerequisite class.

Do they have my whole academic career on file already or is it something i have to tell them?
The only information they have on file is what you send them.

University of Florida recalculates your GPA based on your pre-reqs science and calculus 1

I am not certain how Pharmcas works as far as e-submitting. Right now I have everything done except two of my people haven't written the letter of rec and the transcript hasn't arrived.......I want to E-submit right now so I can move on to the supplemental part for UNC... Can I do that or do I have to wait for everything to be completed?

I am not certain how Pharmcas works as far as e-submitting. Right now I have everything done except two of my people haven't written the letter of rec and the transcript hasn't arrived.......I want to E-submit right now so I can move on to the supplemental part for UNC... Can I do that or do I have to wait for everything to be completed?

Pharmcas won't mail it to the school until your GPA is verified

alright thanks guys! i took your advice and did it! by the way the supplemental applications were so short! i was so surprised and relieved!

I'm not familiar with running start so help me out here. If those credits are a part of the same college where you are at right now, then the college transcript you sent in should have the courses. If not, then PharmCAS only has your college courses on file as they don't get your whole record.

yeah i took a mess of community college classes at age 15 and 16 to count toward high school requirements. this was 8+ years ago. Bummer I got B's in them...which don't exactly help my GPA at all. I wonder if pharmacy schools will recognize this? I mean...I got a B in tennis, gah. Didn't exactly know about pharmacy school until I was 22 or so.

yeah i took a mess of community college classes at age 15 and 16 to count toward high school requirements. this was 8+ years ago. Bummer I got B's in them...which don't exactly help my GPA at all. I wonder if pharmacy schools will recognize this? I mean...I got a B in tennis, gah. Didn't exactly know about pharmacy school until I was 22 or so.

I took some community college courses when I was in middle school and high school. Too bad I didn't do that well...PharmCAS only has what you reported however some schools do a background check (e.g. UOP) and they will contact PharmCAS and they will put you on hold at every school (this happend to me last year). You will have to report everything even if it was a PE class. My courses were about 8 years old yet they still counted it in my overall GPA, bringing it down by 0.3. :(

i just E-submitted my application to these schools
Florida, University of
Illinois - Chicago, University of Midwestern University - Downers Grove Purdue University

and i checked there sites and there are not supplemental application avalibale yet, isnt this kinda of late? and does any one know if pharmcas notifies if the supplemntal applications are ready or do i need to periodically check their sites. thanks

i just E-submitted my application to these schools
Florida, University of
Illinois - Chicago, University of Midwestern University - Downers Grove Purdue University

and i checked there sites and there are not supplemental application avalibale yet, isnt this kinda of late? and does any one know if pharmcas notifies if the supplemntal applications are ready or do i need to periodically check their sites. thanks

When I applied to MWU...they sent me a supplemental app after they got my Pharmcas. They send out a supp app only if you meet their min. requirements.

UF has a supplemental on their site

MWU-CCP will send you a supplemental after receipt of your PharmCAS application if you meet their minimum requirements. if you just e-submitted then PharmCAS probably hasn't even calculated your GPA let alone sent out your application. it takes a little over a week to 5 weeks.

Don't we calculate the GPA on the application ourselves on pharmcas [they ask us to put in the grades which are worth from 1 to 4]

Don't we calculate the GPA on the application ourselves on pharmcas [they ask us to put in the grades which are worth from 1 to 4]

No, PharmCAS calculates it. We just input our grades so they can do it. They also use transcripts to verify our coursework history.

Thanks, and that was fast. I E-Submitted yesterday and my GPA has been calculated already. Are they onCall 24/7 or what

i'm getting my ducks in a row and planning to take the PCAT in October. the school deadline for application is dec 1 through pharmcas and supporting documentation jan 15. there's a pcat scheduled for jan 19 and i'm wondering if it will be beneficial for me to take it then.

i don't know much about pharmcas and i'm wondering if they will update my pcat score in time for the university to review and receive the updated score? also is pharmcas just a tracking system? the other school i'm applying to has not metioned it.

thanks in advance

i know a lot of schools don't accept January PCAT scores, so i would check with each individual school you are applying to.

PharmCas is an application site. So once you submit your application they send it to your designated schools. Usually those schools have a secondary to complete. To make life more interesting, not all schools use PharmCAS. PharmCAS won't get the scores until about the time you do, so I guess it all depends on how long the school will be reviewing applications for. You can always call the school and they should be apply to tell you if re-taking the PCAT in Jan is okay. Also, I think you might have time to see what you got on the October test before having to sign up for the Jan one. No point in taking it twice if all goes well!

I have already started my pharmcas application...can i send my transcripts to them before i submit? do i submit before my references are received?

thanks.

You may of course submit your transcripts at any time (before, during, after). Just remember they have to verify all your coursework before officially submittin the application to the schools.

You need to send transcripts from every school you ever attended, even if you started in high school and even if it isn't a prerequisite class.

The only information they have on file is what you send them.

You need to post HIGH SCHOOL grades too!?

You need to post HIGH SCHOOL grades too!?

no, there are some kids who take college courses while they are still in high school. i.e. dual enrollment programs and things like that. the adcoms are only interested in what you did in college.

What about AP grades (college courses in high school, not at a college) that we did not get credit for, then retook in college? im not sure if it will show up on a transcript or not

What about AP grades (college courses in high school, not at a college) that we did not get credit for, then retook in college? im not sure if it will show up on a transcript or not

I doubt that if you didnt get credit for it, that it would show on a transcript.

the status still shows new although the mailing date is Aug 06, is this normal?

Yeah, it's normal. My pharmcas mailing date was 7/27 and it still says "New" too. The schools I choose to apply to have already received my pharmcas app. Don't worry! :)

so what does "New" really mean?

Should I submit my application NOW even though I am still missing a transcript?

I thought I had to wait to submit it until after they had received all of my materials!

What should I do? I am applying ED for VCU and the deadline is Aug 31... All it is waiting on is a transcript....

Also, if by chance I am not admitted ED for VCU, do I have to complete a whole new PharmCAS application? Or can I just go back in and request it to be sent to more schools?

I'm a bit confused, what am I suppose to fill this field in with? :confused:

pharmcas_trf.jpg

i would put pomona

i go to university of illinois but there are 3 campuses, Springfield,Chicago, and Urbana. so i think thats what they mean

I just got my gpa calculations for pharmcas. It has a section where it calculates the science gpa, but then below that it has all my science/math courses listed out with a gpa calculated.

I know a lot of schools have a min gpa and min science gpa. Which one do schools consider the "science" gpa? do some use only pre-req science classes and some use all science classses to calculate?