PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyra

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a 6 year PharmD program. I will not earn a B.S. degree.

Will that pose a problem in the future?:confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Dude,

Have you been up in your attic again? It's been really hot here with no rain... Last year July, we used 11,000 gallons of water...this year, we used 25,000 gallons... and my lawn is getting dried out.. I don't like it.

But myupstairs remain cool despite the my thermostat setting of 80 degrees. It's amazing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude,

Have you been up in your attic again? It's been really hot here with no rain... Last year July, we used 11,000 gallons of water...this year, we used 25,000 gallons... and my lawn is getting dried out.. I don't like it.

But myupstairs remain cool despite the my thermostat setting of 80 degrees. It's amazing.

Yep my water bill sucks.... I am paranoid about my foundation. Do you water it separately with a soaker hose or just let the irrigation system take care of it? As far the attic, it is about 115 degrees. My next day off I am going to get up there and re-seal off all the ducts and connections. I think I am going to install some fans in the roof and see if getting some air moving will cool it down.

Yep my water bill sucks.... I am paranoid about my foundation. Do you water it separately with a soaker hose or just let the irrigation system take care of it? As far the attic, it is about 115 degrees. My next day off I am going to get up there and re-seal off all the ducts and connections. I think I am going to install some fans in the roof and see if getting some air moving will cool it down.

Yeah...you have to take care of your foundation....is your house on a slope? You should have a 10 year foundation warranty from the builder.
I have never seen more expansive soil before in my life. Keeping it watered isn't the real issue....the issue is when the soil on one side of the house is drier than the other side...which is the culprit behind the foundation damage.

I don't have soaker hose but I do have my sprinkler system programmed to water the zones near my foundation daily... only 5 minutes each...

And I have my main system running three times a week now... 16 zones. One feeds the pool! :smuggrin:

id get a dodge challenger over that camaro....

Vette by a landslide

and to answer the op's question...yes, its a major problem. I would suggest you looking into transferring to another school

I'm sorry...where did this topic go?

I'm sorry...where did this topic go?

Sheesh, this thread got off-topic in a hurry..

No, Kyra, I don't see it posing a problem if you know you wish to be a pharmacist (if you decided it's not for you and you wanted an MS/MA/Ph.D/MD, it would be an important degree to have. But, so long as you complete your Pharm.D, and not end up with neither- you should be fine! Good luck.

Sheesh, this thread got off-topic in a hurry..

No, Kyra, I don't see it posing a problem if you know you wish to be a pharmacist (if you decided it's not for you and you wanted an MS/MA/Ph.D/MD, it would be an important degree to have. But, so long as you complete your Pharm.D, and not end up with neither- you should be fine! Good luck.

That's strange because I thought all pharmacy schools required their students to earn a BS along w/ their PharmD. I was pretty much told that I needed to have my BS degree prior to entering P3 year. With most schools, your pre-pharm classes and a few more electives would get you a BS in General Science.

I'm not sure, is the first professional degree in NA PhamD and BPharm is old news?

I'm doing my BPharm right now, and if I wanted PharmD, it'll be extra 2 years after receiving BPharm. I really don't know if PharmD is even worth it. 5+2 = 7 !! damn!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure, is the first professional degree in NA PhamD and BPharm is old news?

I'm doing my BPharm right now, and if I wanted PharmD, it'll be extra 2 years after receiving BPharm. I really don't know if PharmD is even worth it. 5+2 = 7 !! damn!

Are you Canadian though? In the US a BS prior to a PharmD isn't required and I wouldn't sweat not obtaining one if you are already in pharmacy school.

Are you Canadian though? In the US a BS prior to a PharmD isn't required and I wouldn't sweat not obtaining one if you are already in pharmacy school.

I'm not Canadian and doing my BPharm outside North America.

Well, some do require a Bachelor's (read: Ohio State, others I have heard are following), and another requires a Bachelor's to be completed by year 3 of the professional program (read: Oregon State, at least according to their website).

Well, some do require a Bachelor's (read: Ohio State, others I have heard are following), and another requires a Bachelor's to be completed by year 3 of the professional program (read: Oregon State, at least according to their website).

Yep, many schools are like that. But the poster's already in a 6-year Pharm.D program. As long as it's okay with them, there's no problem there. Which definately brings up the point to check with her school's academic committee on what's needed to graduate in good standing...

if you're in a PharmD program, then you're set, it's higher than BPharm.

as I said before, if you're doing BPharm (like me) for 5 years, then you could apply for PharmD program afterward for 2 years, therefore total of 7 years. But if you begin with a 6-year PharmD program, then that's ok.

Rutgers still has a 6-year pharmD program for high school grads. No bachelor degree offered, so if you drop out later in the curriculum then you're screwed. but if you can graduate, then you're perfectly fine and you save 2 years, or even 3 years if you had enough AP credits...haha

I just bought a really cool Dodge Caravan with the stow and go seating. Really sweet!!!
wow...you're the epitome of coolness :smuggrin:

0608tr_11_z+2003_custom_dodge_caravan+side_view.jpg

New Camaro > Challenger. No questions asked.
I saw a ZR1 on the road a few weeks ago, and they're not even on the market yet :love: