Phase II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OliviaJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Unfortunately, I did not match during Phase I. I received 5/11 interviews (all acute care positions). I have decided to pursue phase II, but I need interview advice. I believe this was what kept me from matching. Does anyone have any tips (specifically RPDs/preceptors, but ANY advice is welcome)! :) PS. I don't think I said or did anything egregious.

Members don't see this ad.

Well what specifically do you think from the interviews kept you from matching? Did you find many situations to be awkward? Were you quiet? Did you have trouble answering scenario-based questions or struggled with interview questions in general? Did you not ask questions afterwards?
There can be many things that can be a barrier between a candidate and RPDs/faculty from clicking.

It's hard to say give advice on what to improve on if it's not a clear what may have been an issue.

None of the above. I was friendly, asked tons of questions. I believe maybe I was too friendly, potentially. Maybe to the point they thought I wasn't taking it seriously enough? Or because I have many interests, I may seem non-committed. I'm unsure beyond that. I didn't know if anyone had any advice in general from experiences they've had.

Have you tried reaching out to the sites you didn't match at? I was able to get valuable feedback about my interview I can hopefully fix in round 2.

Reactions: 1 user