PhD with child neurology residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChildNeuro

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am interested in going into Child Neurology, and would like to eventually be an academician i.e. do bench research, teach med students and residents, as well as be clinically productive. I've long wanted to get a PhD to give me the fund of knowledge and research training to be a good academician. I have considered doing a one year NIH fellowship or another type of post-doctoral MD research year, but would really like to do the PhD. Does anyone know of any residency programs that combine residency with PhD work? Thanks. Child Neuro. 😕 😕