Phi Beta Kappa - Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATISEZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just graduated in August and am currently applying to medical school. I have received 6 II this cycle and currently attending all of them. I was just notified that I have been invited to join my university's chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. I understand that this is one of the few honor societies that hold any weight. Is it worth mentioning this on an update letter to schools post/pre interview and those that I am waitlisted at?

Thanks team!
Will admit I updated with this and it was received positively. But, I agree with above. It needs to be framed in a way that acknowledges that it’s not a monumental update, but you wanted to write to both share plus reaffirm interest. Worked for me, but is probably dependent on case by case.

Note: one school I attended specifically told us to update if this happened.... which was honestly a bit surprising.

Reactions: 1 user
I just graduated in August and am currently applying to medical school. I have received 6 II this cycle and currently attending all of them. I was just notified that I have been invited to join my university's chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. I understand that this is one of the few honor societies that hold any weight. Is it worth mentioning this on an update letter to schools post/pre interview and those that I am waitlisted at?
Your high GPA already speaks for itself. And an invitation to join isn't the same as having been inducted.

Thanks guys. For my schools chapter it does seem like if you get an invitation, you get inducted after the induction ceremony date (you don’t have to do anything or even attend the ceremony).

I will probably send updates with this and other revenant information in a combined LOI.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile