Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know to whom a letter of intent should be addressed? I was advised to sent a letter of intent to the Dean, does anyone know if the Dean even has a say in PCOM's admissions?
The Dean will send the letter to admissions and I sent an update and got a note telling me they are only accepting transcripts and MCAT scores now, guess there are just too many sending in updates and things.

Members don't see this ad.

The Dean will send the letter to admissions and I sent an update and got a note telling me they are only accepting transcripts and MCAT scores now, guess there are just too many sending in updates and things.
thanks!

They asked for me to send updates during my interview but got the same response when I tried to send it. Definitely frustrating, but I will go here if offered a seat so I hope they understand that!

EDIT: delayed decision letter received today. And it's very different from the one @futurexray posted!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They asked for me to send updates during my interview but got the same response when I tried to send it. Definitely frustrating, but I will go here if offered a seat so I hope they understand that!

EDIT: delayed decision letter received today.
When did you interview?

Interview: 2/5/15
Postmark date: 2/12/15
Acceptance! This si my top choice and I'm so excited! :D

Reactions: 6 users

EDIT: delayed decision letter received today. And it's very different from the one @futurexray posted!
what did your letter say if you don't mind me asking?

Got a delayed decision also, does anyone know how many people get accepted on delayed decision? Thank you!

Got a delayed decision also, does anyone know how many people get accepted on delayed decision? Thank you!

Delayed decision isn't really an admissions decision. It's the admission committee telling you (us) that they have decided to wait before making any real decision on your application. Anyone who interviewed at PCOM has a good chance of being accepted (browsing past threads and looking at older class data, it's somewhere around 50%). Being delayed doesn't mean anything; it's not silent rejection, it's not pre-waitlist, it's just nothing. I know this isn't really satisfying, but just know that being delayed doesn't make your odds better or worse.

Reactions: 1 user
I was completed at PCOM in early/mid October and still haven't heard anything. How long did it take for ppl to hear back for an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was completed at PCOM in early/mid October and still haven't heard anything. How long did it take for ppl to hear back for an II?
7 months... Again, they got over 9k apps this year. They're interviewing through April it seems! So there's still a chance.

Hmm it seems like it's different for everyone because mine only took a little over 1 month.

The tour guides at PCOM said they are interviewing into March, not April.

Delayed decision isn't really an admissions decision. It's the admission committee telling you (us) that they have decided to wait before making any real decision on your application. Anyone who interviewed at PCOM has a good chance of being accepted (browsing past threads and looking at older class data, it's somewhere around 50%). Being delayed doesn't mean anything; it's not silent rejection, it's not pre-waitlist, it's just nothing. I know this isn't really satisfying, but just know that being delayed doesn't make your odds better or worse.
Thank you haha this actually makes me feel better for some odd reason, appreciate it!

That is prob
The letters they're sending out say first week of April.
That will probably be for their bio students and they have some they interview late because of late mcat scores, they work with some colleges and have agreements with them.

Hey everyone, I had received the delayed decision letter on 1/30 and just now received a letter of acceptance!! So don't worry if you get the deferred letter, it's not a bad thing!

Reactions: 6 users
I got an email to look at the financial aid checklist, but under select year the most recent academic year is 2014-2015

Due date is March 15

Help?

I got an email to look at the financial aid checklist, but under select year the most recent academic year is 2014-2015

Due date is March 15

Help?

The stuff for next year isn't up yet.

Due date is March 15

Help?

I actually emailed them about this yesterday and they said they will email students at their PCOM addresses once it becomes accessible.

If we send update for new MCAT score after the interview, would they consider it before making decision?

If we send update for new MCAT score after the interview, would they consider it before making decision?

If it's after the interview but before the committee meets then I would think so.

Reactions: 1 users
Does any one have any idea when is next time committee will meet?

Still no interview. I have been done since October. I'm just losing hope. File is still under review. How long do the Interviews go on till?

If it's after the interview but before the committee meets then I would think so.
The decision is basically made at the interview and then voted on at the committee meeting so anything sent after the interview will not be looked at. If they put you on hold for grades or for a new score then they would look at it

Reactions: 1 users
Interview invite! I know it is very late in the cycle but at least I have a chance.

Reactions: 4 users
@TopTomato hey so I saw your a PCOM student. Can you tell us about the brunch? Thank you

So the brunch is a good way to get a look at the school for a second time before deciding to attend or to meet your new classmates. If you're deciding between another school and PCOM it'll give you a second chance to walk around and explore the campus. It's not necessary that you attend, however most students do.

So the brunch is a good way to get a look at the school for a second time before deciding to attend or to meet your new classmates. If you're deciding between another school and PCOM it'll give you a second chance to walk around and explore the campus. It's not necessary that you attend, however most students do.

Thanks!

Is it just for students or can parents come?

Thanks! When is the brunch scheduled this year?

Is it just for students or can parents come?

I'm not 100% sure, I can't remember if I saw any parents there last year. It might only be for the students. I would check the invitation when you get it.

Thanks! When is the brunch scheduled this year?

I can't speak for this year, but last year it was at the end of April

I'm not 100% sure, I can't remember if I saw any parents there last year. It might only be for the students. I would check the invitation when you get it.

I can't speak for this year, but last year it was at the end of April

This year it is March 22

Does this mean there are no interviews after March 22?

I know last year people were accepted after the brunch took place (most likely people from the wait list), I doubt interviews were going on that late, and if they were it was because last year we had a lot of ii rescheduling because of the amount of snow days that we had.

I know last year people were accepted after the brunch took place (most likely people from the wait list), I doubt interviews were going on that late, and if they were it was because last year we had a lot of ii rescheduling because of the amount of snow days that we had.
i have an interview with PCOM on 3/23/2015 at 8am.

Is PCOM also having spring break at this point? Just wondering