Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone else not get a confirmation of any sort once they confirmed they wanted to be on the waitlist? I emailed the in the paperwork but haven't heard a word about it.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the admission committee meets any more at this point? Or is there like just one or a few individuals who make the decision about the waitlist/Delayed Decision applicants?
 
I feel like they waitlisted me as punishment because I didn't tell them what other schools accepted me when they asked.
Do you think they will use that against you? I was asked a similar question and I answered honestly but walked out of my interview pretty upset by that question.

Hopefully we get good news before the long weekend?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody else having trouble accessing Nucleus today? I keep getting an error message on every device and I've also tried multiple web browsers.
 
Just called admissions and they said movement did start and it all depends on when people give up their seat.

Wonder who the lucky few ones are.
 
I know a lot of delayed decision acceptances happened in the last few weeks but I have yet to hear of a waitlisted being accepted on sdn or from anyone


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Hello everyone! I'm applying this cycle and am wondering if there was a word limit in PCOM's supplemental question. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on Delayed Decision/Hold. I'm still confused about how this is different than the waitlist. It doesn't sound like its better or worse. Trying not to lose hope.
 
Just got accepted Wednesday guys! God is great! Never give up hope!
Congrats!! Did you happen to notice whether your portal changed once you got the letter, or was it just the letter? I asked admissions and they said that only the letter tells you whether you got accepted or not.
 
I'm on Delayed Decision/Hold. I'm still confused about how this is different than the waitlist. It doesn't sound like its better or worse. Trying not to lose hope.

Hi, so a delayed decision means they put off making a decision until they review more applications. For a lot of people, including myself, it was the same case. From my understanding a lot of people have either gotten accepted or waitlisted after their delayed decision so I would say just hang in there. It could be good news 🙂
 
Congrats!! Did you happen to notice whether your portal changed once you got the letter, or was it just the letter? I asked admissions and they said that only the letter tells you whether you got accepted or not.
It took about 3 business days for my portal to change
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's really interesting, I was under the impression that they didn't send emails for decisions at all.
My impression is that in previous years the later it got, the more they branched out to other communications. When you start to need a faster turn-around, you're not well-served by sticking to the mail.
 
Still no news 🙁

For everyone still waiting:

lighting_candle0402.jpg