Program-Specific Info / Q's Philadelphia U, Temple, TJU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michellem915

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on these programs? ( Philadelphia U, Temple, Thomas Jefferson)
I'm applying and was verified 11/17 (late, i know)...
Has anyone heard back from them or has gotten accepted so far?
Im applying to 9 schools total, but I wanted to stay in the Philadelphia area and I'm nervous about the process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to temple and thomas jefferson and the only insight i can provide is that temple doesnt review your application until all your prerequisites are completed- as for jefferson, they want gre scores 50th percentile or better! ( i think most do anyway) and of course, all schools are so competitive! I applied to 7

Have you tried applying to USciences? I recently applied there and the good thing is is that the GRE isn't a requirement but they mainly look at your GPA and they are rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you tried applying to USciences? I recently applied there and the good thing is is that the GRE isn't a requirement but they mainly look at your GPA and they are rolling admissions.

Have you heard back from USciences? Did you submit your supplemental application already?

I don't have much to say, other than the top schools tend to be research oriented. I know that's a problem for some people, so I wouldn't accept just due to the prestige. That would apply to TJU. I don't know about Temple, but seeing as they gave a research section, it may be somewhat important to them.

Have you heard back from USciences? Did you submit your supplemental application already?
I recently submitted the supplemental over the weekend and I emailed Aimee to see when I would get a decision and she said given the timeline, I would hear back from them by late January.

I recently submitted the supplemental over the weekend and I emailed Aimee to see when I would get a decision and she said given the timeline, I would hear back from them by late January.

Same here! I submitted it over the weekend too!

has anyone heard back from Philadelphia University?
Also, does anyone know the admissions process over at temple? Is there an interview?

I got an acceptance from Usciences; we are supposed to give them an answer by January. @calling4color WHAT seriously? was that on their website??
Hey! idk if you're referring to my comment about temple or jefferson, I'm almost positive i read it on the bulletin for temple or that i got an email saying my app will be reviewed once my pre-reqs are in- i think thats why they want you to verify fall grades as soon as possible!

Insight on Jefferson as a current student: I love it. The professors are awesome and you really get a sense that they want you to succeed. The program is structured in such a way that you really feel like you're being well prepared to be a great OT. As with any program, sometimes you feel overwhelmed with the course load but it's very manageable. I don't regret my decision one bit.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
I just found out that I was Waitlisted at temple. I won't be taking the spot on the wait list though.

I just found out that I was Waitlisted at temple. I won't be taking the spot on the wait list though.

I just found out I was wait listed at Temple today too. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can check your place on the wait list?

Thanks for the update. And it sounds like you've got other options! Nice. Did you have all your prereqs completed before they waitlisted you?
Yes I was accepted to chatham on friday! All my prerequisites were completed but my quantitative gre score was low. They care a lot about gre scores

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out I was wait listed at Temple today too. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can check your place on the wait list?
Some schools will tell you, some won't. You can call them and ask if they will let you know

Do schools do separate lists for applicants whose prereqs they are waiting on in order to review the application? Because you guys got wait listed, yet they haven't even looked at my application (applied october 16th) until they get my prereq course grades end of december

Do schools do separate lists for applicants whose prereqs they are waiting on in order to review the application? Because you guys got wait listed, yet they haven't even looked at my application (applied october 16th) until they get my prereq course grades end of december

I know Temple does absolutely. They review applicants whose files are "complete", meaning that their prerequisites are all done. Last year, I completed my application in mid September and didn't hear anything until they sent me an email 1/9 saying that my status was now Complete/Ready for Review- the only thing that had been pending were my prerequisites that I completed in December. I received my acceptance 2/19. Frustrating to wait, but they are the only school I know of that does this, most schools will review your application while you are completing your prerequisites.

Yes I was accepted to chatham on friday! All my prerequisites were completed but my quantitative gre score was low. They care a lot about gre scores

Congrats on getting into Chatham! I was accepted too, maybe I'll see you there!

Did temple notify you through email or through regular mail? Feels like I've been waiting forever for them haha

Congrats on getting into Chatham! I was accepted too, maybe I'll see you there!

Did temple notify you through email or through regular mail? Feels like I've been waiting forever for them haha

Thanks! Yes we may be future classmates!
Temple emailed me their decision

Hey guys. *Just* heard back from PhilaU with a conditional acceptance! I'm shocked (in a good way!) because it's the first school I've heard back from. If it helps, I was verified November 6.
Would you mind sharing your stats?

So what do you guys think about the merger with TJU? My application to PhilaU was verified Nov. 5, and I got the email from them about their intent to integrate with Thomas Jefferson, which it seems like a lot of people have applied to both schools.

So what do you guys think about the merger with TJU? My application to PhilaU was verified Nov. 5, and I got the email from them about their intent to integrate with Thomas Jefferson, which it seems like a lot of people have applied to both schools.
Did it say how it will affect PhilaUs OT program? I applied to TJU (but not PhilaU), and just heard of this!

I emailed to ask but hadn't heard back, so I Googled it to try and get more information, but there's not a whole lot of it atm. I think, ultimately, both campuses will become one TJU. PhilaU will stay PhilaU in the meantime. The projected timeline is three years.

Just speculating, but I wonder if they'll keep both the weekend hybrid program at PhilaU *and* the on-campus programs at TJU. It clearly won't affect admissions this cycle (or next cycle?), but who knows after that.
It sounded to me, from what I read, that PhilaU will be PhilaU of Thomas Jefferson U. Maybe like Barnard College, which is an all women's LA college that is technically part of Columbia.

When looking into it, it also looks like Salus will have more of a partnership with Arcadia University, but I doubt it'll afffect OT (unless it meams more access to their gym/more study abroad? But that may be wishful thinking).

Does anyone know how much Temple is out of state this year? It looked like they upped the credit hours to 80, which comes to around 90k or so just for tuition, which is kind of insane!

Anyone heard anything?

Last edited:
From what I was told/and have been reading, Temple is pretty full and they are putting kids they would admit onto the waitlist after interview. I am waitlisted as of last Thursday.

TJ haven't heard anything except they got it, sent in everything December, same with Phil.

I just got emailed for a phone interview from temple today

Reactions: 1 users
From what I was told/and have been reading, Temple is pretty full and they are putting kids they would admit onto the waitlist after interview. I am waitlisted as of last Thursday.

TJ haven't heard anything except they got it, sent in everything December, same with Phil.

I still haven't heard anything from Philadelphia! I emailed Anita from PhilaU in November and she said the first round of decisions would go out in December/January. The rest of them will go out in February... So hopefully we hear back soon!

I just got an email from PhilaU this morning, I was waitlisted. Hopefully you hear news soon!

I was interviewed in December for Jefferson, heard back in January, and was awarded a scholarship the other day.

Rejected from Phil. Not too hopeful at this point but I have a backup plan I'm happy with if I don't get into anything. Hope everyone has better luck!

I'm on the wait list at USP, which I'm pretty happy about considering it was one of my top 2 programs, so hoping for an acceptance! any advice for increasing your chances to get off the waitlist? Is it appropriate to ask where on the list you are?

I wonder if Temple's process is new? I swear that when I originally was selecting schools over the summer having completed pre-reqs prior to the deadline was not a part of the criteria.

I had a MAJOR issue with OTCAS verification...I submitted everything in early September but found out I wasn't verified or sent to the schools until Xmas eve. OTCAS couldn't give me a reason why...just that there was some sort of oversight. Kinda wonder if I could have been an acceptance instead of a waitlist had they gotten my materials on time. Still waiting to hear back from a few other schools though.

I just had my interview for Temple today, do you think that was just to get on the waitlist? :/

Did you all have an interview with Temple before hearing if you were waitlisted? I got an email informing me I was placed on the waitlist on Feb 8th, but did not have an interview prior. I also applied pretty late but would LOVE to attend Temple. Does anyone know how many they usually waitlist?

Also, what is your opinion on the "Please be advised that email, phone and other correspondence is reviewed during the admissions process" notice? I am not sure if they are encouraging or discouraging communication to the office? I know some people can get anxious and call often. I figured they were discouraging such behavior, but I read somewhere that Temple likes to see communication with the office if you're on the waitlist?

I just had my interview for Temple today, do you think that was just to get on the waitlist? :/
I have no idea, someone said that earlier but it was in fact not true, I and a few other people had interviews after that and I was accepted literally 22 hours later. Temple is a large school, people are constantly passing up their acceptances due to cost, distance, etc. I DO know however that they have over 50 people who already put down the deposit (since I am part of that group) but I'm sure its because people secure their spots and drop out later on if they get into a higher choice school.

Did you all have an interview with Temple before hearing if you were waitlisted? I got an email informing me I was placed on the waitlist on Feb 8th, but did not have an interview prior. I also applied pretty late but would LOVE to attend Temple. Does anyone know how many they usually waitlist?

Also, what is your opinion on the "Please be advised that email, phone and other correspondence is reviewed during the admissions process" notice? I am not sure if they are encouraging or discouraging communication to the office? I know some people can get anxious and call often. I figured they were discouraging such behavior, but I read somewhere that Temple likes to see communication with the office if you're on the waitlist?

The email phone correspondence is reviewed because its part of your application- they probably see if you emailed and called them with questions, it shows your interest. So, since you are on on the waitlist, I would definitely come up with something to email them with! My application couldn't be reviewed until they recieved my fall grades, which was after January. They phone interviewed me like 2 weeks after receiving my grades, I think they phone interview if you don't have high GRE scores or something, i have no idea

I have no idea, someone said that earlier but it was in fact not true, I and a few other people had interviews after that and I was accepted literally 22 hours later. Temple is a large school, people are constantly passing up their acceptances due to cost, distance, etc. I DO know however that they have over 50 people who already put down the deposit (since I am part of that group) but I'm sure its because people secure their spots and drop out later on if they get into a higher choice school.
Thank you so much for clearing that up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I just got accepted to Temple! The decision on my TUportal changed from Complete/Ready to review to Decision made: University Acceptance :)

Does anyone have any insight on these programs? ( Philadelphia U, Temple, Thomas Jefferson)
I'm applying and was verified 11/17 (late, i know)...
Has anyone heard back from them or has gotten accepted so far?
Im applying to 9 schools total, but I wanted to stay in the Philadelphia area and I'm nervous about the process.
I got my application into TJU in the last available week (2/5). I got an interview request on March 2.

I was never waitlisted, but I had an interview on 2/18 and was accepted on 2/22. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend because out of state tuition and moving across the country were just too expensive for me. I emailed them with my decision today, so hopefully that opens up an opportunity for you :) Good luck!

I have a phone interview with Temple tomorrow. What kinds of questions can I expect to be asked? And does anyone have any advice regarding how to prepare?

Shot in the dark here, but any chance anyone going to TJU is interested in a roommate? I'm coming from RI and I don't know anyone in the area! Thanks!

I didn't get accepted, but I remember during the post-interview tour being told that new students could request roommates if they decided to live on campus. It seemed like you could get matched up with students not necessarily in OT, but that might be an option if you wanted to live on campus. Sorry if that's not helpful!
Thanks! Living on campus is expensive and I'd rather have someone in the program, but I'll live into it again.

This just happened to me. I realize your post is from a couple years ago, but would you mind sharing what happened with your status? I'm eager to go to Temple.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile