Phone Call Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HIghbury

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that you can get an acceptance over the phone? I have heard conflicting post as to how the verdict is relayed. Can someone please intimate me as to whether it is possible. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

HIghbury said:
Is it possible that you can get an acceptance over the phone? I have heard conflicting post as to how the verdict is relayed. Can someone please intimate me as to whether it is possible. Thanks guys.

I got accepted to Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine and Vanderbilt over the phone.

Hope this helps!

Electrophys said:
I got accepted to Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine and Vanderbilt over the phone.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
HIghbury said:
If one calls to find out the status of an interview, can the verdict be disclosed over the phone?

NJMS only accepts on the phone--call by Dr. Heinrich! :D

mayo accepts over the phone. so did stanford last year.

I found out I was accepted by phone but it was pretty late in the year because I was on the waitlist originally so I'm not sure if they call people this early.

fourthyearmed said:
I found out I was accepted by phone but it was pretty late in the year because I was on the waitlist originally so I'm not sure if they call people this early.

Depends on the school!

i know Univ of Kentucky accepts over the phone.

I was called by NJMS, Rochester, Emory, Jefferson, and SUNY Upstate.

All of these were followed (or preceeded in Rochester's case) by snail mail letter of acceptance.

dc

Last year, a friend of mine was in Buffalo for an interview when he received a message from UCSD telling them to call him. He called them back, and was told he was off the wait list and accepted. (It was a little difficult for him to be really enthusiastic about Buffalo after that...)

and Vanderbilt too

i don't know of any school that doesn't do phone call acceptances. sometimes, for some reason or another, they don't call everyone, but, i think every school tries to make an effort to contact all accepted applicants over the phone or email (something quicker than snail mail).

HIghbury said:

yes .. just depends on the school!

As far as getting acceptances over the phone, it's okay for schools to call you to let you know because they can at least verify who you are before they tell you that they're with the X School of Medicine. I learned at one of my interviews that the reason many schools are strictly against relaying info to (or accepting information from) students who call in is that it is impossible to verify identity. I got the sense that it's happened before where a student would call in pretending to be someone else just to find out if that student got in or not, and even went so far as to withdraw that student's application/acceptance/waitlist position from the school without the student ever knowing....

I got accepted to USF over the phone. I have to send them notification in writing regarding my decision.