Phone interview????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicole1987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question! I'm looking at different schools that are not in my state. I was wondering if some schools will be up to doing phone interview or doing a "Skype" style interview. How do you go about asking a school this question? Since the schools are so far away. I have talk to fellow pharmacist who have had this done before.

Members don't see this ad.

No, interviews are professional and should be taken as such. Doing a phone interview or "Skype" style interview completely demeans the profession, you're practically reducing it to an interview for a fast food joint. Everyone has to pay for traveling expenses. I myself had paid $3000 to travel across the United States and attend interviews. If there's a will, there's a way.

With that being said, I have NEVER heard of a school doing that before. If other people have to show up in professional attire, shell out tons of money, and go through a writing prompt and being grilled one-on-one with questions from a professor; what makes you different? Why don't they just get rid of in-person interviews and start doing all of them by phone? Not to sound mean, but that's just the way it is for all professional schools.

If you're not willing to travel to the schools for an interview (which could ALSO grant you a chance at acceptance), what makes them willing to want to accept you?

Last edited: