kosal7

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What kind of photo is acceptable for my secondary? I kind of want to submit one with my dog. Or should I keep formal to be safe?

Inspired Chaos

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I've read to take a professional-looking head shot, but I just took a picture of my driver's license photo and uploaded that.

Toutie

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2015
Status
Non-Student
What kind of photo is acceptable for my secondary? I kind of want to submit one with my dog. Or should I keep formal to be safe?
Is your dog also applying to medical school? o_O It needs to be of you.

Look professional. In a suit or a dress shirt is preferable. Shot from shoulders up. Solid background. Good lighting. Smile.

Reactions: Prometheus123
OP
kosal7

kosal7

2+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Is your dog also applying to medical school? o_O It needs to be of you.

Look professional. In a suit or a dress shirt is preferable. Shot from shoulders up. Solid background. Good lighting. Smile.
Lol thanks. You're right.

Govols22

2+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Wear a suit and tie

Stand next to a neutral colored wall

Tilt your head 15 degrees to the right

Have a friend or family member take the picture from the head and shoulders

Boom you got yourself a headshot

kitkat13

5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it OK if the background isn't a solid color? I have trees in the background but its def a professional shot

Toutie

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2015
Status
Non-Student
Is it OK if the background isn't a solid color? I have trees in the background but its def a professional shot
Solid background is certainly better. BUT...having trees in the background isn't going to be the reason a school rejects you.

Welshman

He runs like a Welshman
2+ Year Member
May 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student
I like aesthetic of a natural background more than a wall so I used photo that was taken outside where the only thing in focus was me. if you take it on a non wall background ensure that you are the main subject and nothing distracting is going on.

Putting your dog in the photo is distracting to say the least but is also mind blowing and hilarious because of how ridiculous it is. Do you want to be known as the ridiculous applicant?

Reactions: kitkat13