Beantown Charger

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm considering medicine but unfortunately I have no fine motor skills with my left hand. I contacted a few other medical students/physicians with the similar problems. However, I'm still very concerned if I will be able to meet the technical standards. I've tried speaking to the disabilities office of a few medical schools but they weren't able to give me a good answer.
Also i'm worried that I might only be limited to psychiatry because I'm not sure if I'll be able to do many if any procedures. A few other doctors said their are paths in radiology, pathology, and neurology . I am interested in family medicine and pediatrics. But,I'm not sure if I can even do those.
(I made a similar post before but I feel like if i give more details I'll get more info)

About the Ads
May 16, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hope you got the answers you needed, but feel free to PM me if you need. I am a third year wheelchair user, and also know some docs with physical disabilities.

- Red

Reactions: Oso

Oso

5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I definitely have met a few medical students/physicians with disabilities, including one lovely person (student) who had very little fine motor skills in either hand after a spinal cord injury.

I'm not sure how helpful that is ... but I wish you the best of luck.

About the Ads