Physical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dochopeful13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to be retaking my mcat this summer. Since C/P was my lowest section I was looking for advice. I went through Chad’s videos for both chem and physics. Now it’s time for me to practice. I bought older copies of TBR and EK 1001 but the EK 1001 is so tedious. Would you recommend I just do all the chem and physics practice problems in TBR? Is this enough and good enough practice to master C/P or is ek 1001 better for practice??

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. And EK 101 passages are good too. EK 1001 is for the old MCAT and is out of date.

The 1001 Chemistry that I have is dated 2018... and the questions are relevant to the 2015 exam

The 1001 Physics is similarly done and matches the updated 2015 books...

I am doing about every 3-4th problem in both along with passages from 101. I'll keep doing so until I'm confident in my knowledge.

The 1001 Chemistry that I have is dated 2018... and the questions are relevant to the 2015 exam

The 1001 Physics is similarly done and matches the updated 2015 books...

I am doing about every 3-4th problem in both along with passages from 101. I'll keep doing so until I'm confident in my knowledge.

Good to know thanks. Supposedly, EK added more things from when I was last familiar (at that time, the 101 Passages were just getting released and 1001 were old MCAT stuff) and already had the updated 1001 Questions for Physics and Chemistry out. In that case, it's definitely fine to practice from those books.

Reactions: 1 user
Supposedly, EK added more things from when I was last familiar ... In that case, it's definitely fine to practice from those books.
You are always on top of things so I double checked myself; there still may be things in the 1001 chem/phys books that are not relevant, but skimming the chapters/problems, haven't see any in either.