Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. Not sure if this has been answered before, but I'd like an update
The long story short is that I'm planning on applying to med school during the next open cycle (2021 start) but due to MCAT preparation, work, and finishing prerequisite classes, I have had no time to find a physician to shadow or find one to get a letter of req. I know of where to get one but given my constant time shortages, the earliest I can hope to shadow and have a physician letter of rec is by August or September. Most DO schools, but not all, require one and I'm wondering whether or not they will be willing to consider my application without the physician letter or rec provided that I have a plan to submit it later. Should I still submit my application to the schools that require one or will I be completely wasting my time?
I have a 3.8 science and cumulative gpa, 10,000 clinical hours as an EMT, and am taking the MCAT in April.
thanks in advance.
The long story short is that I'm planning on applying to med school during the next open cycle (2021 start) but due to MCAT preparation, work, and finishing prerequisite classes, I have had no time to find a physician to shadow or find one to get a letter of req. I know of where to get one but given my constant time shortages, the earliest I can hope to shadow and have a physician letter of rec is by August or September. Most DO schools, but not all, require one and I'm wondering whether or not they will be willing to consider my application without the physician letter or rec provided that I have a plan to submit it later. Should I still submit my application to the schools that require one or will I be completely wasting my time?
I have a 3.8 science and cumulative gpa, 10,000 clinical hours as an EMT, and am taking the MCAT in April.
thanks in advance.