Europe Physician Licensure Requirements

Started by JohnDr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JohnDr

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an attending physician in Israel, M.D P.hD and I will do a fellowship an Washington D.C.
I also passed USMLE Step 1, 2CS, 2CK and 3, and I'm ECFMG Certified.

Regardless my fellowship, I understood that it's possible to get an American MD license at Connecticut,
Even though my medical school was at Israel and also all of my trainingת internship and residency.

I read the following requirements:
DPH: Physician Licensure Requirements - U.S. Trained Applicants

The first requirement is:
Graduated with the M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA);

While exploring LCME at http://lcme.org/ and AOA at American Osteopathic Association
I think that only medical schools from USA and Canada are accredited.

Did I get it right?
Does it mean that I can't gent an American MD license at Connecticut?

Thank you.
 
Last edited: