Physician lounge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songaila

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of you have stated that some of the CMO are podiatrists. I just wonder if the podiatrist can park the physician parking lot and use the physician lounge. I ask that because as resident or medical student, you guys spend equally amount of time in the hospital just as the other residents.

Also, is it true that it is very hard to obtain a job (getting privelage) in the hospital. The reason I ask is that in NYC the hospitals or even nursing homes has absolutely no shortage of practicing podiatrists. I am not going to stay in NYC. However, anybody has information on any other states? Is it true about "move south and move to rural" is the way? Is it hard to be contracted in a small hospital in a small town. I like the idea working in the hospital with all different people.

Members don't see this ad.

Some of you have stated that some of the CMO are podiatrists. I just wonder if the podiatrist can park the physician parking lot and use the physician lounge. I ask that because as resident or medical student, you guys spend equally amount of time in the hospital just as the other residents.

Also, is it true that it is very hard to obtain a job (getting privelage) in the hospital. The reason I ask is that in NYC the hospitals or even nursing homes has absolutely no shortage of practicing podiatrists. I am not going to stay in NYC. However, anybody has information on any other states? Is it true about "move south and move to rural" is the way? Is it hard to be contracted in a small hospital in a small town. I like the idea working in the hospital with all different people.

About the physician's lounge and parking, I have not heard of anywhere that keeps pods out of the parking or lounges.

Most of the places that I've been the pods use the surgeon's lounge.:laugh:

In Texas, the income is good (no saturation) and the pods can park in the physician parking and hang out in the physician's/surgeon's lounge. There is no discrimination. The pods also have the same hospital priveledges as far as I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
iam just asking from the view of a pre-pod with conflict with pre-meds in school. Are there some really rude MDs out there that will come in a lounge and start arguing with DPM sitting there and asking him to go out. I just think, if god forbid any of my fellow pre-meds make into MD school. How they wud turn out after becoming MD. But iam pretty sure they will never make it. they are too stupid with not tat great GPA and MCATs and just live in dreamlands.

One thing i have observed is, the students who have 3.9 or 4.0 with great MCATs never bother other people. they are in their own world. But only those pre-meds who are having average stats start freakin out and irritate other people. May be they have some sort of insecurity that they will not make to med school or something.

iam just asking from the view of a pre-pod with conflict with pre-meds in school. Are there some really rude MDs out there that will come in a lounge and start arguing with DPM sitting there and asking him to go out. I just think, if god forbid any of my fellow pre-meds make into MD school. How they wud turn out after becoming MD. But iam pretty sure they will never make it. they are too stupid and just live in dreamlands.

No they would look like an idiot.

One thing i have observed is, the students who have 3.9 or 4.0 with great MCATs never bother other people. they are in their own world. But only those pre-meds who are having average stats start freakin out and irritate other people. May be they have some sort of insecurity that they will not make to med school or something.

Possibly the more intelligent individuals with the high GPAs/MCATs know that the more you learn the more you don't know much compared to the vast amount of info out there.

Out in the real medical community you don't see doctors telling other doctors that they are better. This premed immature crap does not fly or exist in a real situation. People like that will get eaten alive by the other medical staff and more than likely wont be at that institute very long.

iam just asking from the view of a pre-pod with conflict with pre-meds in school. Are there some really rude MDs out there that will come in a lounge and start arguing with DPM sitting there and asking him to go out. I just think, if god forbid any of my fellow pre-meds make into MD school. How they wud turn out after becoming MD. But iam pretty sure they will never make it. they are too stupid with not tat great GPA and MCATs and just live in dreamlands.

One thing i have observed is, the students who have 3.9 or 4.0 with great MCATs never bother other people. they are in their own world. But only those pre-meds who are having average stats start freakin out and irritate other people. May be they have some sort of insecurity that they will not make to med school or something

This is the most ******ed comment I have ever heard......Why would someone, who clearly works hard in school to get a 4.0 consistently through school, be a person who would never bother someone else?!?!?!?! WTF??

If you look at MSR stats, you will clearly see that MOST of the medical school matriculants are, how you would put it...too stupid with not tat great GPA and MCATs and they just live in dreamlands.....WHAT THE F????

Man, I sure hope you are not a pre-med. It takes such clogged up logic, like this, to KEEP people out of med school cause they dont know what the Freak is going on.

Man, I sure hope you are not a pre-med. It takes such clogged up logic, like this, to KEEP people out of med school cause they dont know what the Freak is going on.

Are you alright? i mean r u sure you scored well on MCAT verbal! because you have so poor reading skills. Why do you think Iam a pre-med?. Cant you even read which section of SDN are you in!. Hello this is Podiatry Forums! Why would i be a pre-med:laugh: . I'am a pre-pod. And if you read my post properly i was referring my experience with some Pre-meds of my School. not the whole world.

And yes i called them stupid and i will do so in future also. They are my classmates and friends, i know them better than you. Because do you know their stats , do you know their MCATs that all of sudden you are coming for their defense?. There is no set law that for defining a Pre-med. Even a rude guy with academic probation and GPA of 1.4 can also call himself a pre-med (with zero chance of ever entering a med school) and start acting he is accepted to some med school and start critizing or irritating other allied health proffesionals. I was just addressing people like those of my school. You dont have to get involved in the matter. Its not concerned with you. Unless you are a student of my school.

This is the most ******ed comment I have ever heard......Why would someone, who clearly works hard in school to get a 4.0 consistently through school, be a person who would never bother someone else?!?!?!?! WTF??

If you look at MSR stats, you will clearly see that MOST of the medical school matriculants are, how you would put it...too stupid with not tat great GPA and MCATs and they just live in dreamlands.....WHAT THE F????

And what kind of language you use. Why is that this F is there every where in this post. "Stupid", "Idiot" terms that i use, are still decent compared to your "F word". You cant even make one sentence without using or mentioning that word. Is this how you will speak to your patients?. Now common no one is so naive here that they dont know what WTF means, or F-word means. you are indirectly referring to it. This is a professional forum occupied by decent people. not some local neighborhood bar that you start cursing. I bet you wont use this language when you are sitting in front of your class or your med school interview.

Or are you gonna say to your interviewer also "WTF" if he asks you a hard question?:confused:

And what kind of language you use. Why is that this F is there every where in this post. "Stupid", "Idiot" terms that i use, are still decent compared to your "F word". You cant even make one sentence without using or mentioning that word. Is this how you will speak to your patients?. Now common no one is so naive here that they dont know what WTF means, or F-word means. you are indirectly referring to it. This is a professional forum occupied by decent people. not some local neighborhood bar that you start cursing. I bet you wont use this language when you are sitting in front of your class or your med school interview.

Or are you gonna say to your interviewer also "WTF" if he asks you a hard question?:confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just found out from my friend that works at the Cincinnati VA that only MDs and DOs are allowed to park in the "Physician" lot. DPMs have to park in a lot across the street.:eek:

probably because it's "VA". I heard texas is really a good state so far. Well, that kinda sucks:cool:

I'm not so sure about the VAs across the country, but the VA here in Phoenix allows podiatrists to park in the sports marked for "Physicians".

I'm on staff at 4 different hospitals here in Phoenix and at each one I have a sticker that allows me to park in the physician parking. I also have a badge which allows me access to everywhere (including physician lounges). There is no question at all the places that I've practiced and been a resident that a podiatrist is a physician. :thumbup:

I'm not so sure about the VAs across the country, but the VA here in Phoenix allows podiatrists to park in the sports marked for "Physicians".

I'm on staff at 4 different hospitals here in Phoenix and at each one I have a sticker that allows me to park in the physician parking. I also have a badge which allows me access to everywhere (including physician lounges). There is no question at all the places that I've practiced and been a resident that a podiatrist is a physician. :thumbup:

Good to hear. The same friend did her residency at the Dayton VA and there were no restrictions there. I just thought that it was funny because it was nothing that had ever crossed my mind until I read it here and then she mentioned it.