Physician Owned Billing Company in Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toddlasher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I wanted to share that myself and about a dozen other Anesthesiologists have founded a physician-owned anesthesia billing company affiliated with our private practice in Roanoke, Va. Our model is boutique service for small to medium size groups, providing service and transparency beyond what is provided by national firms.

Our plan is to grow slowly and carefully, but we have been successful and feel very prepared to take on one or two more clients at this time.

This is the link to our company with contact info for Jessica, our office manager for the billing company, or please feel free to message me with questions!

(If I’m breaking any rules with this post, I apologize and please delete)

Thanks!

Todd Lasher, MD
ACV Virginia

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone.

I wanted to share that myself and about a dozen other Anesthesiologists have founded a physician-owned anesthesia billing company affiliated with our private practice in Roanoke, Va. Our model is boutique service for small to medium size groups, providing service and transparency beyond what is provided by national firms.

Our plan is to grow slowly and carefully, but we have been successful and feel very prepared to take on one or two more clients at this time.

This is the link to our company with contact info for Jessica, our office manager for the billing company, or please feel free to message me with questions!

(If I’m breaking any rules with this post, I apologize and please delete)

Thanks!

Todd Lasher, MD
ACV Virginia

Do you do any contract negotiations with insurance companies?

Members don't see this ad :)
The post is ok -SDN isn’t crazy about ads but this is a bit different.

What sets you apart from any other small billing company?
Thank you! We are small, local to Roanoke Virginia and focus only on anesthesia billing. Our staff is tenacious about patient revenue follow up instead of simply writing it off as bad debt. We provide open and frequent communication about billing metrics, and we are physician owned and run (along with our office manager and certified coders).

If you want this to be successful I would strongly suggest investing in the arbitration side. Arbitration is inevitable and requires a large amount of resources and data metric capability beyond what just a billing company offers.

I know our group would not go with a billing company that does not have arbitration experience or at least a blueprint in place with the data/arguments/process needed to win arbitration.

I applaud your efforts, just need that piece to truly be a billing company these days.

Reactions: 4 users
If you want this to be successful I would strongly suggest investing in the arbitration side. Arbitration is inevitable and requires a large amount of resources and data metric capability beyond what just a billing company offers.

I know our group would not go with a billing company that does not have arbitration experience or at least a blueprint in place with the data/arguments/process needed to win arbitration.

I applaud your efforts, just need that piece to truly be a billing company these days.
Thank you. I will talk to my partners and staff about this.

So are you in netwotk with all insurance companies? Congrats if you are because the rest of us are having a steaming dump taken in our heads.
In network for 95% and luckily, so far, the rest have been willing to negotiate a reasonable payment without arbitration.

Our large anesthesia group has been using Integrated Physician Management Systems (IPMS Home | Revenue Cycle Management Services for Physicians | IPMS ) for years. Their CEO and management team are phenomenal. When we originally swapped, we not only saw a tremendous increase in captured revenue but IPMS was enormously helpful in in private payor negotiations, credentialing, and we eventually outsourced our human resources to them as well. Our captured revenue increased, costs went down, and they were always accessible and responsive. Could not be happier.